Briefings and the kneeboard

Pro Member Trainee
Simmy Trainee

How do I add text to the briefing page on the kneeboard?
I know from the Forum that I use Notepad and need to create an HTML file but I am unclear how to do this. I followed a link to Create HTML Document but there is no provision in Notepad that I can see to save as an html file. I tried simply adding .html to the end of the file name and saving it with the .flt file in FlightSimulator X files but it does not load into the kneeboard.

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
n7xlq1 First Officer

Simmy wrote:

How do I add text to the briefing page on the kneeboard?
I know from the Forum that I use Notepad and need to create an HTML file but I am unclear how to do this. I followed a link to Create HTML Document but there is no provision in Notepad that I can see to save as an html file. I tried simply adding .html to the end of the file name and saving it with the .flt file in FlightSimulator X files but it does not load into the kneeboard.

All .html is just a txt file, you can edit using Notepad just a regular .txt file then save it as a .txt file, then you can manually change the extension of .txt to .html that should be able work.

But what kinds of info do you want to add or change?

Pro Member Trainee
Simmy Trainee

Many thanks. I can now create a briefing in FS 2004 but FSX does not appear to offer the same facility

Simmy

Pro Member First Officer
n7xlq1 First Officer

Simmy wrote:

Many thanks. I can now create a briefing in FS 2004 but FSX does not appear to offer the same facility

Simmy

There's a briefing tab on the kneeboard in FSX.

Pro Member Trainee
Simmy Trainee

I realise that there is a Briefing tab in FSX kneeboard but if I follow the same procedure as in FS 2004 the notepad text is not loaded into the Briefing board.
I note that in the Learning Centre on Flight Planner there is no mention of how to add a briefing in FSX whereas in FS2004 there is. Has Microsoft removed this facility from FSX?

Simmy

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...