Alt not set. press B querie

Pro Member Trainee
mustangpilot Trainee

Hi

When i go fly i get a window pop up saying that the alt guage is incorrectly set and to rectify this press:B

I press B in upper and lower case and nothing happens, the window keeps poping up.

How do i fix this?

Thanks in advance

Answers 7 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Does that happen to all aircraft?

Pro Member Trainee
mustangpilot Trainee

No, i think it only happens to the modern stuff.

Also why does the Moony always want to turn right? I have a hell of a job trimming the damn thing 😞

Pro Member Chief Captain
Drew B (belgeode) Chief Captain

Cause it is a mooney.... I do not like those planes..... but that is only my personal opinion.

Another reason could be the joystick or yoke you are using. Is it calibrated correctly?

Do you have real weather on?

As for the B... that is supposed to work... but sometimes your altimeter IS set correctly, inspite of what the help says.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Is the altimeter subscale setting (the number in the altimeter window) changing at all? It'll probably be 29.92 inches of mercury when you start the flight. If you don't want to fly in clear weather, the atmospheric pressure (this number) will rise or fall. If it isn't moving when you press 'B', check the key assignments.

Default aircraft aren't renowned for their realism in flight modelling.

Pro Member Trainee
mustangpilot Trainee

Right, i'll have a look!!

Thanks velly mucho 🙂

Pro Member Trainee
Brook Trainee

mustangpilot wrote:

Hi

When i go fly i get a window pop up saying that the alt guage is incorrectly set and to rectify this press:B

I press B in upper and lower case and nothing happens, the window keeps poping up.

How do i fix this?

Un-check "Display Flying Tips" under Settings/Realism.

You won't get the constant altimeter alerts, but remember to set it <B> when you get a reading from ATC.

Pro Member Trainee
mustangpilot Trainee

Done and done. Thanks Brook 😛

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...