Cant save new textures file on vista for FSX

Pro Member Trainee
kvaughn78 Trainee

I have read all post that I can find about saving and I understand every step but I keep getting the error msg that I cant save the airplane.cfg file I modify for a new texture. I am running FSX on Vista and I have admin rights. Any ideas would be welcome.

Answers 1 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Trainee
kenml Trainee

kvaughn78, Try this. In the Airplane.cfg file look at the [texture.xx] of the plane that is working and compare that planes texture list with the one you are trying to get working. I had to hunt and peck my way though this but finally got it working. Someone with more knowledge can certainly get more specific.

Here's the original that came with the plane
[FLTSIM.1]
TITLE=TWIN OTTER_SKYBUS WHEEL
SIM=DHC6W_FSX
MODEL=
PANEL=
SOUND=
TEXTURE=BIHO
KB_CHECKLISTS=DHC6_CHECK
KB_REFERENCE=DHC6W_REF
ATC_ID_ENABLE=1
ATC_ID=G-BIHO
ATC_PARKING_TYPES=GATE,RAMP
ATC_PARKING_CODES=FLH
ATC_AIRLINE=AIR SHUTTLE
ATC_FLIGHT_NUMBER=3122
UI_MANUFACTURER=DE HAVILLAND
UI_TYPE=DHC6 TWIN OTTER
UI_VARIATION=SKYBUS G-BIHO
ATC_HEAVY=0
DESCRIPTION=FSX DE HAVILLAND DHC6-300 TWIN OTTER\NCOPYRIGHT 2008\NPREMIER AIRCRAFT DESIGN\NWWW.PREMAIRCRAFT.COM

Here's the company plane. You can see the changes that include RBD or Rainbird) that I downloaded with our texture folder. Everything else remaind the same at the original aircraft.
[FLTSIM.2]
TITLE=TWIN OTTER_RBD
SIM=DHC6W_FSX
MODEL=
PANEL=
SOUND=
TEXTURE=RBD
KB_CHECKLISTS=DHC6_CHECK
KB_REFERENCE=DHC6W_REF
ATC_ID_ENABLE=1
ATC_ID=NRBD
ATC_PARKING_TYPES=GATE,RAMP
ATC_PARKING_CODES=FLH
ATC_AIRLINE=RAINBIRD VA
ATC_FLIGHT_NUMBER=5678
UI_MANUFACTURER=DE HAVILLAND
UI_TYPE=DHC6 TWIN OTTER
UI_VARIATION=RAINBIRD TWIN OTTER
ATC_HEAVY=0
DESCRIPTION=FSX DEHAVILLAND DHC6-300 TWIN OTTER\NCOPYRIGHT 2005/2006\NPREMIER AIRCRAFT DESIGN\NWWW.PREMAIRCRAFT

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...