Weird occurances while flying the ol Goose off of off runway 09 at Key West Intl. yesterday. I had both engines fail shortly after take off just as I was raising the gear while in positive rate of climb. Airspeed seemed insuficient as the Goose simply nosedives even with full backwards control pressure and full up trim. Forget about establishing a best glide speed as this occured about 3oo ft AGL or less. All preflight checklists were complete and all settings verified with no failures set?? This happened about three times despite 90% fuel, a nice run up and apparent full power on take off? A few times when the thing landed, I was unable to restart the engines as they turned over, but would not catch. Fuel was full and load was only pilot/copilot. Any ideas? Or was I simply too close the the bermuda triangle. After a few of these, I held it low and level, then over water retracted the gaer and initiated climb whereupon it continued to fly normally. 🙄
5 Answers
WEIRD!
(No sugestions.)
I know! I'm stickin with the Bermuda Triangle thing...
Good idea.
the triangle claims another victim
chez64 wrote:
the triangle claims another victim
It sure does... Ha ha
!
Still stuck on this question?
Ask Fly Away, our AI flight sim & aviation assistant, for an instant answer to this exact question — or ask the community below.
FSX — recently answered
FSXWhat KMCO scenery add-ons are available for FSX?Compare four freeware FSX KMCO scenery add-ons for Orlando, including gates, parking, jetways…Read answer →FSXIs there an FSX demo, and how can you try it?Download the legacy FSX demo, see what it includes, and fix common installation problems on…Read answer →FSXWhat KLAX scenery add-ons are available for FSX?Compare four KLAX scenery add-ons for FSX: a full airport rebuild, lightweight update, AFCAD…Read answer →FSXHow do I start the PMDG 737 cold and dark in FSX?Start the PMDG 737 NGX cold and dark in FSX with the correct power, IRS, APU, bleed-air, fuel…Read answer →
First Officer