SearchSearch 

Keep Getting Electrical Failures!

This is the strangest thing! About 5-8 minutes into a flight all my electrical instruments fail....blank displays! I don't have any failures set but when that happens, it shows up in the failures that my electical has failed. I reset it but it doesn't help...still black. If I select 'choose aircraft' it's fine for another few minutes then bang..again. I have the latest patch, Dx and viseo drivers. This is driving me batty! The program was working fine until I installed Half Life 2 but I can't see a corrolation between the two.

Has anyone esle seent his happen? Or can anyone offer ant advice? I've already reinstalled the game with no effect. I do have a few add-on aircraft and one add-on airport (FS-France's CDG airport) but that's it.

Help...please????

4 Responses

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

It's difficult to say. I know the MSTrain can cause a problem with the flight sim so why can't Half Life, just a thought.

Read this thread and see if it helps.
The latest video driver isn't always the best.
Let us know how you do.

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/4581/instrument-panel-disappears/

Radar

Could it be that HL2 installs some drivers that cause this problem? Hmm, I'll try rolling back the drivers and see what happens. Thanks Radarman, I'll give that a try.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

If that won't work maybe uninstalling "H.L." will.

Radar

Ok go figure. I changed aircraft from the Boeing 747 and 737 that I both tried previously to (randomly selected) King Air and Lear. The problem did not occur. When I went back to the Boeings it seems to have went away!

All I can attribute that to is a glitch! Like I said...go figure!