fs9 in vista doesnt work.

Pro Member First Officer
vlad (tiger7881) First Officer

Well hi old felas, I just installed vista and its sp1. I installed fs9, but it seems not to work. I click on the fs9 icon it loads splash screen but then says "MS 2004 has stopped working, looking for solutions" the only solution SM gives me is the 9.1 update, even with te update it doesnt work. Please help, any suggestions?

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Karlw Captain

try reinstalling it I was running fs9 on vista with a unusually high hit in fps with clouds

Pro Member Trainee
Air-Head Trainee

tiger7881 wrote:

Well hi old felas, I just installed vista and its sp1. I installed fs9, but it seems not to work. I click on the fs9 icon it loads splash screen but then says "MS 2004 has stopped working, looking for solutions" the only solution SM gives me is the 9.1 update, even with te update it doesnt work. Please help, any suggestions?

Did someone once say something about running it as adminstator.

In other words right click icon "run as" an choose admin....

Might help 😕

Pro Member Trainee
drwhoere Trainee

u dont need to, when i first installed, did use as admin, worked fine then used as admin and still works fine, i got sp1 installed and still works

Pro Member First Officer
vlad (tiger7881) First Officer

I tried, I think I just need to install it differently, what I did is, I puted all the files from all the disks in a folder, so it wont ask for a disk and installed it, I shouldv install it from a disk. I will any of the options above, thanks guys 🙂

Pro Member First Officer
antone First Officer

If you're using UAC (user account control) make sure that FS is set to run as administrator.

I'm out of town and don't have a Vista computer in front of me right now, but I seem to recall that this option is available by right-clicking the shortcut or Start Menu item you use to launch it, then selecting "Properties". It's something that might help even if your normal account has admin rights.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...