Rockford Airfest 2008

Pro Member Captain
acepilot32 Captain

well 1 more day till i get to go to the airfest where the USAF Thunderbirds are performing! i will have loads of pictures to show and ill take as many as i can with my parents new camera 😀. and im pretty sure flyboy is also going to show some pictures too if he decides to (which i hope he does).

well i will be posting the pictures on this topic once i upload them to photo bucket.

also before the airshow my bros ganna take me to get my new computer speakers the logitech Z-540 surround sound system >Very Happy

Answers 13 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
Taylor (Flyboy92) First Officer

OH don't worry, I'll have plenty of pictures. I'm going Saturday, when are you going?

Flyboy92

Pro Member Chief Captain
Drew B (belgeode) Chief Captain

Oh good cannot wait to see the pix. We had the Snowbirds here in KPIT... they were pretty cool! F-22 stole the show though.

Pro Member Captain
acepilot32 Captain

i think im going on sunday or saturday

Pro Member First Officer

Well I'm heading off to the airshow, it's about 80 degrees and when the sun heats up that tarmac, it tops off at about 100, it sucks, but is worth it.

Acepilot, if your looking for me, just look wherever there is food, chances are I'll be close by 😂

Just drink plenty of water 😉

Flyboy92

Pro Member Captain
acepilot32 Captain

im going sunday

Pro Member First Officer

Just got back, pics will be up in a bit. Thunderbirds had to cancel show early because of storm clouds moving in. Good thing they did too because it POURED. We were standing under the wing of and A-10 waiting for the bus while watching the lightning strike all around the airport. Scary Stuff ❗

Flyboy92

Pro Member Chief Captain

WHOA!!! That's the second airshow rained out now. This year must not be a good year.

Pro Member First Officer
Luke (warlord40) First Officer

I know the A10 would have been grounded... but did'nt you have second thoughts about standing under a wing full of Avgas?

Pro Member Captain
acepilot32 Captain

i hope it doesn't get rained out when i go

and this is what they are calling for 😞

SUNDAY
High: 89 Low: 65
Partly Cloudy / Thunderstorms

Pro Member First Officer

warlord40 wrote:

I know the A10 would have been grounded... but did'nt you have second thoughts about standing under a wing full of Avgas?

Well there was no other shelter there, Last year it started to storm out really badly and they moved everybody into the Huge UPS hangars and waited it out before they went to their cars.

This year they didn't.

As for second thoughts of standing under a wing full of avgas, Live life on the edge Twisted Evil

Flyboy92

Pro Member Captain
acepilot32 Captain

well im leaving in a half hour

Rockford is a bit north of Chicago to the west and the storm looks like it is going to just miss us

http://media.myfoxchicago.com/wx/loop/illinois.html

Pro Member Chief Captain

Good luck Ace, I hope everything works out, and cannot wait to see the pix.

Pro Member Captain
acepilot32 Captain

ok i am back and with a incredible stroke of luck today

first it started pouring rain at 10:05 it was puring so hard you couldnt even see the end of the run way so we decided to buy the tickets and go in, so decided to just go to breakfast and see if things cleared up at 11:00 we could see it clearing up. then at 12:00 the thunderstorm had passed! then it was extremely hot out for the rest of the airshow and all the performers got to perform but ut was sorta rushed like 6 - 10 mins per squadron / person.

and we got to the thunder birds which they were amazing and they surpised us twice like they do the diamond formation and everyone is looking at the planes and formation then another jet comes from behind while everyone is watching the formation and we see the plane fly over 2 seconds later we hear the blast of the F-16's engines and it scared the hell outta me i was alert the second time though.\

well i will post he pictures some time tonight and 2 videos from my bros cell phone

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...