New Comp

Pro Member Trainee
scab12 Trainee

I know people are tired of these questions, will my computer run FSX but my old one just bites the dust and can barley run FS2004 so I was wondering if this computer is any good before I buy it.

Sorry for this question which gets annoying.

P.S. I will probably upgrade the processor.

Answers 12 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
Luke (warlord40) First Officer

I dont see a link

Pro Member First Officer
walesdragon First Officer

Lol, showing us the computer that you're thinking to buy would do us some help ;D

Pro Member Trainee
kin3 Trainee

Look at this site and read the article. It should help you with your choice.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/system-builder-marathon,1966.html

Pro Member First Officer
Duncan (Razgr1z912) First Officer

No, it wont. That will read his current computer not the one he is buying.

Pro Member Trainee
scab12 Trainee

Sorry about that, completely forget to post the link.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8790828&productCategoryId=pcmcat150700050002&type=product&tab=2&id=1205537513321#productdetail

This should work, and I will most likely upgrade the Ram to more 2.6 dual core processor.

Pro Member Trainee
harleyman52 Trainee

Not even close with a 1.83 CPU and a 5,400 speed HDD.....

And a bottom end vid card too.....

How much you want to spend? then you can be shown something good in your price range....

Pro Member Trainee
scab12 Trainee

I didn't really want to have to spend too much, Preferably not any more than $1000

I'll go over by about $200-300

Thanks for the help.

Pro Member Trainee
harleyman52 Trainee

So are you looking to buy new or just upgrade....???

Why don't you post your complete system specs,and we can see what might work.....

Pro Member Trainee
scab12 Trainee

I looking or new because my current computer would need alot of work, but if I could upgrade for cheaper I would. Here are the specs.

Processor- AMD Sempron Processor 3100+(1.80 GHZ)(1600 MHZ FSB)(256 KB L2 Cache)
Ram- 702MB
Graphics- Via/S3G UniChrome Pro IGP(memory 64MB) AGP slot Available.
Hard Drive- 107GB
Disk Drive- DVD/CD-RW Combination Drive
Modem- 56 K ITU V.92 Ready Fax/Modem

Pro Member Trainee
harleyman52 Trainee

Hey...... Here is what I did....I have added you a link to Digital Storm where I bought my two computers for gamming....

I sample built you a computer that is prime for upgrade ans just in your range.....

I added a nice AMD Phoenom CPU 9750 @ 2.4 gh and had it overclocked..You will get around 3.2 to 3.5 out of a stable OC

Nvidia 750a MoBo SLI

750W Corsair PSU..(costs more,but you can add second Vid card later with this PSU

One Nvidia 8800GTS 512 card

2 gigs Corsair DDR2 Memory @ 1066

Vista 64(I think it was 64)

Wd 250 gig Hard drive...

This computer is a good entry level build..Go th their site and check it out...Register at their forums and you will get all the help and ideas you will ever need...I am harleyman there too........

Should you need futhure help shoot me an E-Mail at dynaglide04@bellsouth.net

Link..http://www.digitalstormonline.com/comploadsaved.asp?id=157983

This build will give you the abality to upgrade any time..This company has killer support..free shipping..They are great...

Pro Member Trainee
harleyman52 Trainee

Crap..the link to them is broke for me....Give me a little bit ...

http://www.digitalstormonline.com/comploadsaved.asp?id=157983

OK This link works but it lost my configuration.......You can duplicate it though with the info I gave you..it came to like 1,390 bucks...

Pro Member Trainee
scab12 Trainee

Thanks man, you are a huge help.

This seems good to me.
I'll let you know if I get it and how it works

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...