Can i play FS2004 smoothly with this comp?

curiusplayer Guest

a comp with 256 RAM and a GE force 4 64mb grapics card. Will the game run smoothly??What frame rate would u think ill get?

Answers 10 Answers

Jump to latest
Michael H Guest

Assuming you have a decent processor ( 1.2 gig or better) it would run, but not very well. I don't think you would be happy with the performance or the visuals to be honest.
I would guess you would be running around 10 to 15 FPS with sliders down to medium (just a guess on my part, others may be able to give you a better estimate)
post the rest of your specs and maybe someone else could give you more of an idea.
If you have enough processing power, you certainly could get a better video card and up the memory to 512 megs.

or maybe FS 2002 which is not near as hungry as 2004. I ran it very well on a P3 @700 with 512 megs of ram and a card just like yours.

DLR Guest

Dude, get real. Do you know what kind of computer it takes to run FS9.?
You are going to have to get a 2.8 gig (MINIMUM) P4 with 400 FSB Hyperthreading technology, an ati 9600 PRO or better yet the 9800Pro with 256 DDR on board the video card alone, 1 gig of RAMBUS, or DDR minimum, a Seagate Barracuda running at 7600 RPM and make that at least 80 GIG, 60 GIG is okay,
80/40 pin ribbons on the HDD, CD, CDRW.
VIA Apollo chipset with 4 in1 drivers updated, or, Intel chipset is better for Flight Simulator for me. I have both chipsets in different computers.
Processor: Actually, the best processor for FS2XXX is the DURON ATHLON.
I hate to admit this, but the truth hurts.
The PIII's and P4's are better for spreadsheets, doing graphic arts, Architecture and such things.
The Duron Athlon is the way to go for this particular application. (FS 8,9,...
Sound card: get the Audigy Soundblaster, lastest drivers, set it to minimum.
Dont run your sound card at full accleration.
SOYO is the best M/B only to come in to tie with ASUS.
Other than that, I like INTEL M/B and the chipset for P4.
DLR
Goodluck

jaycap55 Guest

DLR since u know so much about computers help me set up my sidewinder forcefeed back joystick on XP..i just reformated my hardrive and i tried to add it to joysticks...it comes up as a USB adaptor..i tried to add the sidewinder (autorun) and it says "my gameport or gameport drives are not configuered properlly pleae consult the device mangager" i went to the device manager and it shows up under a HID (human interface device) i cant calibrate it or use it in fs2004. microsoft and dell were no help onn this issue.. please help

curiousplayer Guest

thanks for all those wonderful replys..here's the full specs...

Intel P4 2.8B ghz processor
Pentium 4 Mainboard - 4x AGP
256mb pc2100 DDR Ram
40GB Ultra DMA Hard disk
128Bit Int. Stereo Sound
3D Dynamic Display Graphic
64mb GeForce4 mx440

should i run FS2002 or FS9?? depending on my system specs. Please advise on which i should change. Thanks!

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

🤔 Looking at your computer specs I would say the fs9 would run with slow fps because of the 64mb video card and 256mb ram.
Fs 2002 would be your best bet now...but!
As the man said you need at least a 128mb card and 512mb ram to get a very nice run. More is always better.
If you want to run it (fs9) with your presant card get another 256mb ram or more (ram is cheap). I'm assuming that you have XP home. Clap

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
BerraTV Trainee

512 ram
256 video card
60 g hard drive

get 20 fps. Make sure all other programs are off. Sliders about 3/4th. Goes down to single digits around major airports (ord, atl, etc..) 😀

Pro Member Captain
John Hodges (originalgrunge) Captain

I'm running a 2 ghz w/64mb GeForce card and 256 ram and can run the game beautifully. I have NEVER had a frame rate problem even when running Ultimate Traffic 2 at 100%. The sliders are all set to about 3/4 of the way. And this is in a Laptop! You should be FINE with what you have. The GeForce is really what'll help you along though, because it's such a good card it essentially doubles whatever RAM you have. Happy flying!

Pro Member First Officer
Mason Gilliam (harleyman) First Officer

It's mostly all in your video card set up....Contact them by E-Mail or phone and they will help you set your puter and card for the best frame rates..They will want to know all about your motherboard,chipset,and Bios configurations..You will find that info in your puter,,Print the specs out so you can tell them what you have and they will tell you what drivers to download and help you tweak your video card...Go into the properties of your card and set Antisailing to full 8X or better if you have.... Be sure that 3D is on and function is set to quality...

This took me about a week to get set properly...So be patient.....Mason

curiousplayer Guest

how about tis..im gonna boost my ram upto 512ram . SHould i keep my 64mb geforce4 card or should i get a AT Radeon 9200 128mb?

Pro Member Captain
John Hodges (originalgrunge) Captain

If you have the cash, then go for a 128mb video card. But a GeForce goes a LONG way. They're excellent cards that practically add virtual 256 ram to your computer. My 256 ram acts like a 512 because of my 64mb GeForce.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...