747-400 speed-landing.

Pro Member First Officer
Vin4evr First Officer

hello,
At what speed can you pitch up the 747-400 Aircrafts?and whats position should the flaps be during take offs?? can you reduce the thrust to idle when you reach the runway or can you leav a little power for landing?please post helpful information. Thanks

Answers 8 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Hi,
I'm not sure what you mean by the first question. During take offs, the flaps should be at 5 degrees in normal conditions, but generally speaking it should be 5 degrees. When you are approaching an airport, it isn't a good idea to reduce thrust to idle before, maximum 150 ft, because otherwise you'll probably have a hard landing as you will slow down too early. A little bit of thrust until you reach 50ft is a good idea, and then idle thrust. Hope this helps 😀

Pro Member First Officer
Vin4evr First Officer

What I mean by "pitch up" is that during take offs, once you roll down to floating speed you start to pict up the aircraft right? i just wann know at what speed I can start to pict up the aircraft ie 747-400 aircrafts. Other information was helpful. Thanks

Pro Member First Officer
George Leach (CDR) First Officer

http://tinypic.com/utt7d
http://tinypic.com/utt95
On the above when picture comes up put courser on the lower rite Conner and click expand and it will become readable for you .

These may help.
If you read the check list of any AC it has loads of information.Also in the game go to learning center and then glossary thee you will read loads of information.
Good luck
PS ,You will be looking for VR-rotating speed.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Hi,
I don't no if the above websites CDR gave you helped, but i'll tell you anyway. I normally take off at around 180-190 IAS, as it is a high enough speed to get off the runway, but not too much as too have a high rate of climb. The pitch at this speed should be about 10 degrees pitch up.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

If you hit F10 to acces the kneeboard, all the info you could possibly need is right there.

However, for convience,

Question 1) 880,000lbs (Flaps 10) Vr is 177KIAS

880,000lbs (flaps 20) Vr is 171KIAS

Question 2. the flaps should NOT be at 5 degrees, thats the 737, its not enough in the 747, they should be at 10 or 20.

question 3. Yes, you do cut throttle to idle when landing.

Approach/Landing speeds:

880,000 lbs (flaps 25) 188 KIAS
880,000 lbs (flaps 30) 181 KIAS

450,000 lbs (flaps 25) 134 KIAS
450,000 (flaps 30) 129 KIAS

Pro Member First Officer
Vin4evr First Officer

Whats KIAS?? In reference to 888,000 lbs(flaps 10) 188 KIAS

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

Knots Indicated AirSpeed

Pretty much the speed tape on the Atitude indicator

Pro Member First Officer
Vin4evr First Officer

THank you all ! information was very helpful 🙂

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...