Mouse Point and Click...

Pro Member First Officer
Jim Lapinsky (7ECA-Captain) First Officer

Just loaded FS2004 Century of Flight and am trying to get it set up and run smoothly. Hope I can explain the problem correctly... I have noticed that in the flight mode when I select ATC I can not access the drop downs such as clearances and replies with the mouse? The mouse works fine for all other functions but not for com, which I can only access by selecting the corresponding number on the keyboard numbers. I'd like to be able to simply put the cursor on the text as I do in FSX, does anyone know what I need to change to enable the mouse to do this? I'd also like to be able to drop down the menu bar as you can in FSX, is this an option in FS2004? I can bring up the window, but can't select the 'show menu bar' with the mouse??? Any help or tips on FS2004 basic settings would be great here. My computer has more than enough ooomph as I was running FSX almost full out with no issues. While I'm thinking about it is there as cheat so I don't need to leave disc 4 in the drive to start the sim?

Answers 15 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

There is a patch for FS9, it's called the 9.1 patch.
There are two cracks, depending weather you use the 9.1 crack will change which crack you use.
The 9.0 or the 9.1 crack.
They are both available on this site for members, the patch is here:
https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/2795/flight-simulator-2004-update-v91/

Radar

Pro Member First Officer

Thanks, RM

BTW, what is a crack? And how does it depend on weather? I have weather at a basic high detailed clouds, and not much more, but normally would use real time, real world weather for any flights. Are there any other add ons I should be considering? Also would you recomend the add on aircraft/scenery on this site? I'd like to try and download a few aircraft/scenery.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

You can get some very nice aircraft here or at avsim.
It depends what you are into, airliners, military, GA, vintage etc.

Embarassed Getting late at night and the spell check doesn't catch real words, I meant whether.

A crack is used for a program such as the Flight Sim so you don't have to put disk #4 in.

It is technically illegal because it bypasses owning the game, getting it from Torrents. If you want to put the disk in a few hundred times

9.0 crack.
https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/317/no-cd-patch-for-flight-simulator-2004/

9.1 crack.
https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/15244/microsoft-flight-simulator-2004-v91-no-cd-patch/

Radar

Pro Member First Officer

Thanks That's kinda what I thought it was, now if I may intrude further, how does one determine which one to down load? 9.0 or 9.1? 🙄

I most definately owe you a couple of rounds at the old Stick and Rudder...

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

If you load the Sim and don't patch it, you use 9.0.
If you load the Sim and patch it then use 9.1.

Defrag it before you add the patch then add the crack.

Enjoy and run it full out.
Get Boston Logan airport free from here: https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/2636/fs2004-boston-logan-intl-airport-scenery/ it's a beauty.

Back up your texture folder and try this, see how you like it.
I used it and you can see all the downloads it's had.
https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/2641/fs2004-airport-environment-upgrade-7/

Radar

Pro Member First Officer

Sorry to sound like an idiot, but by defrag are you are referring to the hard drive?? Or is there a defrag option in FS2004? DOH

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Just normal defrag.
Your loading such a big program you want to get the best speed of your h/d.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer

Cool, I'll try all this tonight and see how it goes. Compared to the uninstalled FSX the program seems pretty small in comparison. The loading speed is very noticable. Thanks for all your help. I appreciate it.

Pro Member First Officer

Well I tried all of that, but the original problem persists. When I open the ATC window and want to select one of the options, I can only do it by using the numbers on the keyboard, and not the mouse as I'm used to with FSX. This glitch makes it a tad annoying to use com.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

To be honest, I've only used the keyboard for both FS9 and FSX so that's one problem I have no idea about.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer

Yeah well I like to point and click, and the two primary functions are those that don't seem to work. The mouse is fine as I can point.drag and glick around the cock pit. I'm not sure why the drop down doesn't work as it's there, just seems faded as with other buttons in setting that the mouse won't access, hopefully someone will know what's up... Can't say you didn't try Radar my man,

Pro Member First Officer

Wow! That was a complete waste, Tried to install the no CD crack and it won't load... Seems to be my luck with any download... it never works. I hope 9.1 will work without the crack, as I've already installed that.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

It's drag and drop or better would be to remove the old, keep it "just in case" and put the crack in it's place.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer

Yeah that, or just run the sim with the CD in. I'll have to look into it a little more. I need to get it set up so it runs a little better, seems to be a lot of variance with pitch and such. I'm in the introductory Sea Tac in the Cessna, and it jumps all over the sky. Got to be the controller calibration, but again when you try to access it you get redirected to the problem solving page rather than a calibration page.

Pro Member First Officer

Hee,hee, I fixed it. Cool. Thanks for all the help. You Rock.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...