Sheesh....

Pro Member First Officer
Steve (SpiderWings) First Officer

I am embarrassed by how long I've been away. And I see so many topics I want to catch up on.

I've put a big dent in all the real life distractions from my flying and hope to get back into the virtual cockpit again and also finish up with my recreation of historic flights topic and perhaps some new adventures.

I am still lacking a graphics card... burned up my old NVIDIA eGeForce FX5500 the first of November. At first I thought it was just a problem with the driver but after pulling it out for testing I realized it had some fried components on the board.

So now I'm hoping you guys can give me some advice on what I might be able to replace that with for my system.

Compaq Presario S6220WM
Prod # DT057A-ABA

MS Windows XP Home SP3
Intel Celeron CPU 2.80GHz
2.0GB RAM
Intel 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller

I saw two at Walmart and that seems to be the extent of what is in our town... small town.

NVIDEA GeForce 6200 PCI

Radeon 2400 PCI Express with HDMI Output

I can't afford more than about $150-$200 and these are both in that range.

Any recommendations?

Answers 1 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

If you're lucky you could find somewhere a Nvidea 8800GT at around $240 dollars or even cheaper, that is, if you are willing to spend a little bit extra

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...