Goodbye Lenin!

Pro Member First Officer
lenin First Officer

No, I am not leaving. I watched this film last night called Goodbye Lenin. It is one of the best films i have ever seen. It is a german film but has english subtitles. It is about this woman in east germany who, when she sees her son protesting has a heart attack and falls into a coma just long enough for the Berlin wall to crumble along with her ideals. The doctor warns the son that she must not have any excitement as it could risk another heart attack. So, they take her home in secrecy to their flat wich they made look like an old east german flat. They have to continue to make the mother think that East Germany is still striving. One of the most hilarious bits in the film is when from her window, the mother sees a banner for Coca Cola being hung on one of the adjacent flats. They have to make up excuses as to why that is there. Towards the end it is realised that the mother will die and so they go about making the truth "known" to her. They make up a story completely opposite to the real story in wich the GDR (east germany) was triumphant over west germany. She dies happy. It is a sweet touching film wich i would advise anyone to see.

Answers 2 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Kareem El-Sadi (crosscheck9) Captain

If I get my hands on it, I'll be sure to watch -- Thanks for the detailed review 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Interesting, I'll look for it. 🙂

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...