No, I am not leaving. I watched this film last night called Goodbye Lenin. It is one of the best films i have ever seen. It is a german film but has english subtitles. It is about this woman in east germany who, when she sees her son protesting has a heart attack and falls into a coma just long enough for the Berlin wall to crumble along with her ideals. The doctor warns the son that she must not have any excitement as it could risk another heart attack. So, they take her home in secrecy to their flat wich they made look like an old east german flat. They have to continue to make the mother think that East Germany is still striving. One of the most hilarious bits in the film is when from her window, the mother sees a banner for Coca Cola being hung on one of the adjacent flats. They have to make up excuses as to why that is there. Towards the end it is realised that the mother will die and so they go about making the truth "known" to her. They make up a story completely opposite to the real story in wich the GDR (east germany) was triumphant over west germany. She dies happy. It is a sweet touching film wich i would advise anyone to see.
2 Answers
If I get my hands on it, I'll be sure to watch -- Thanks for the detailed review 😉
Interesting, I'll look for it. 🙂
Still stuck on this question?
Ask Fly Away, our AI flight sim & aviation assistant, for an instant answer to this exact question — or ask the community below.
Recently answered
MSFSHow do I start the iFly 737 MAX from cold and dark in MSFS?Start the iFly 737 MAX from cold and dark in MSFS with the correct battery, APU, IRS…Read answer →GeneralHow do you build a DIY flight simulator yoke?Build a DIY flight simulator yoke with smooth pitch and roll, Hall sensors, USB controls…Read answer →GeneralHow do you fly an ILS approach with the G1000?Learn to fly a G1000 ILS approach: load and tune it, choose GPS or VLOC, arm APR, capture…Read answer →X-PlaneHow do I fly an ILS approach in X-Plane?Learn how to fly an ILS approach in X-Plane: tune the localiser, select VLOC, capture LOC and…Read answer →
First Officer
Captain
Chief Captain