SearchSearch 

Help planes not showing

Pro Member Trainee
lewis4490 Trainee

Hello

I am new to this ok when i download a file and extract it and read the read me i dont understand what i have to do.

I dont know where the aircraft.cfg is.

Can i please get help

Thanks in advance

7 Responses

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain
Pro Member Trainee
lewis4490 Trainee

RadarMan wrote:

How to add aircraft to FSX.

https://flyawaysimulation.com/knowledge/page/34/installing-addon-flight-simulator-downloads/

Radar

OK thats all good but I know how to do all that but the planes are not showing, it says in the readme's that I need to add some lines to the aircraft.cfg well for 1 I don't know where that is and if I make it I do not know where to put it.

Thank you 🙂

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

It's a small "square" that's in the aircraft folder.
Editor.

I never used this I open it with notepad.
https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/2794/fsx-cfg-file-editor-finder/

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

lewis4490 wrote:

...but the planes are not showing, it says in the readme's that I need to add some lines to the aircraft.cfg well for 1 I don't know where that is and if I make it I do not know where to put it.

Thank you 🙂

Firstly, your aircraft.cfg will only be a small "square" if you do not run MS Office -- so a small square is certainly not what you're looking for.
Each aircraft folder contains an aircraft.cfg, without it the a/c will not fly or... it's not an a/c. BTW, you open the aircraft.cfg by right-clicking on it and select "Open with Notepad".

When I read your OP I had a feeling that you'd downloaded textures instead of an a/c. If the ReadMe contained in the file contains something like [fltsim.xx] (the xx being the clue because you're supposed to change the xx into an appropriate sequential number such as 09 or 12 or whatever) then it's a texture file only.

To avoid the problem in the future, read the file description before you download 😉

Pro Member Trainee
lewis4490 Trainee

Tailhook wrote:

lewis4490 wrote:

...but the planes are not showing, it says in the readme's that I need to add some lines to the aircraft.cfg well for 1 I don't know where that is and if I make it I do not know where to put it.

Thank you 🙂

Firstly, your aircraft.cfg will only be a small "square" if you do not run MS Office -- so a small square is certainly not what you're looking for.
Each aircraft folder contains an aircraft.cfg, without it the a/c will not fly or... it's not an a/c. BTW, you open the aircraft.cfg by right-clicking on it and select "Open with Notepad".

When I read your OP I had a feeling that you'd downloaded textures instead of an a/c. If the ReadMe contained in the file contains something like [fltsim.xx] (the xx being the clue because you're supposed to change the xx into an appropriate sequential number such as 09 or 12 or whatever) then it's a texture file only.

To avoid the problem in the future, read the file description before you download 😉

I know all of that but half of the things i download DO NOT have a aircraft.cfg.

And ofc I read before I download i'm not stupid!

Thanks

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

The highlighted one is the cfg.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

lewis4490 wrote:

I know all of that but half of the things i download DO NOT have a aircraft.cfg.

If half of the things you download DO NOT have a(n) aircraft.cfg then obviously they are NOT aircraft. I repeat: Each aircraft folder contains an aircraft.cfg, without it the a/c will not fly or... it's not an a/c.

And ofc I read before I download i'm not stupid!

This is not an encouragement for those who are prepared to help you with your problems -- some manners wouldn't hurt 🙄

All times are GMT Page 1 of 1

Related Questions