Help planes not showing

Pro Member Trainee
lewis4490 Trainee

Hello

I am new to this ok when i download a file and extract it and read the read me i dont understand what i have to do.

I dont know where the aircraft.cfg is.

Can i please get help

Thanks in advance

Answers 7 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain
Pro Member Trainee
lewis4490 Trainee

RadarMan wrote:

How to add aircraft to FSX.

https://flyawaysimulation.com/knowledge/page/34/installing-addon-flight-simulator-downloads/

Radar

OK thats all good but I know how to do all that but the planes are not showing, it says in the readme's that I need to add some lines to the aircraft.cfg well for 1 I don't know where that is and if I make it I do not know where to put it.

Thank you 🙂

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

It's a small "square" that's in the aircraft folder.
Editor.

I never used this I open it with notepad.
https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/2794/fsx-cfg-file-editor-finder/

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

lewis4490 wrote:

...but the planes are not showing, it says in the readme's that I need to add some lines to the aircraft.cfg well for 1 I don't know where that is and if I make it I do not know where to put it.

Thank you 🙂

Firstly, your aircraft.cfg will only be a small "square" if you do not run MS Office -- so a small square is certainly not what you're looking for.
Each aircraft folder contains an aircraft.cfg, without it the a/c will not fly or... it's not an a/c. BTW, you open the aircraft.cfg by right-clicking on it and select "Open with Notepad".

When I read your OP I had a feeling that you'd downloaded textures instead of an a/c. If the ReadMe contained in the file contains something like [fltsim.xx] (the xx being the clue because you're supposed to change the xx into an appropriate sequential number such as 09 or 12 or whatever) then it's a texture file only.

To avoid the problem in the future, read the file description before you download 😉

Pro Member Trainee
lewis4490 Trainee

Tailhook wrote:

lewis4490 wrote:

...but the planes are not showing, it says in the readme's that I need to add some lines to the aircraft.cfg well for 1 I don't know where that is and if I make it I do not know where to put it.

Thank you 🙂

Firstly, your aircraft.cfg will only be a small "square" if you do not run MS Office -- so a small square is certainly not what you're looking for.
Each aircraft folder contains an aircraft.cfg, without it the a/c will not fly or... it's not an a/c. BTW, you open the aircraft.cfg by right-clicking on it and select "Open with Notepad".

When I read your OP I had a feeling that you'd downloaded textures instead of an a/c. If the ReadMe contained in the file contains something like [fltsim.xx] (the xx being the clue because you're supposed to change the xx into an appropriate sequential number such as 09 or 12 or whatever) then it's a texture file only.

To avoid the problem in the future, read the file description before you download 😉

I know all of that but half of the things i download DO NOT have a aircraft.cfg.

And ofc I read before I download i'm not stupid!

Thanks

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

The highlighted one is the cfg.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

lewis4490 wrote:

I know all of that but half of the things i download DO NOT have a aircraft.cfg.

If half of the things you download DO NOT have a(n) aircraft.cfg then obviously they are NOT aircraft. I repeat: Each aircraft folder contains an aircraft.cfg, without it the a/c will not fly or... it's not an a/c.

And ofc I read before I download i'm not stupid!

This is not an encouragement for those who are prepared to help you with your problems -- some manners wouldn't hurt 🙄

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...