atc not installed

Pro Member Trainee
vinnie775 Trainee

hi guys i have updated my original edition of fsx to deluxe and when i go on mulitplayer and click atc there is a box that says: installation failed tower control. i dunt undersatnd y thats happened can anyone help me to fix this problem 😕 ❓

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Try dropping disk #1 in and choosing the repair function.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
vinnie775 Trainee

sorry radarman i tried that already but still it doesent work
❓ i dont get iwhy it wont work ❓

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

1-Did you do a clean install of the Deluxe or just overwrite your old copy.

2-Did you install SP1 and SP2 yet.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
vinnie775 Trainee

i have done both things but still nothing this is getting very wierd ❗ ❓

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I quote:

Microsoft has significantly enhanced the multiplayer options via its "shared skies" concept. Multiplayer has long been a major component of Microsoft's Flight Simulator world, particularly among the hardcore fans--for example, those enthusiasts who would pilot a jumbo jet on an 18-hour flight in real time as a member of a highly organized virtual airline. But as part of its overall push to open Flight Simulator up to the more casual player, Microsoft has made multiplayer simpler to get into, going to a server-based system, adding integrated voice over IP, and incorporating a couple of new features. The first is the ability to have someone fly in the plane with you. This is a great feature for training: An experienced pilot can virtually sit next to you in the cockpit and talk you through, for example, landing in VFR conditions or using advanced navigational controls on a cross-country flight. The other is the previously mentioned ability to join a multiplayer session as the air traffic controller. In this role, you sit in the tower with a visual on the airport and a radar screen in front of you. As in real life, your job is instructing all of the air traffic around you, including takeoff and landing instructions. And as in real life, this is sure to be a high-stress role like at a busy airport.

I would do a clean uninstall.

https://flyawaysimulation.com/news/3805/

The reinstall, if that means so much to you.
Don't forget to defrag before and after you do the new install.

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...