Strange Winter Wonderland problem

Pro Member First Officer
W3CPR First Officer

Hi.. I just noticed that when I have the system setup for winter and fly any aircraft, everything is normal. However, when I setup for winter using the Winter Wonderland something strange happens. All is running normal and the aircraft climbs normally. After about a minute or so the airspeed indicator goes to zero and the engines rev up to maximum until the plane starts to shake due to overspeed. My system is FS9 and for the life of me I cannot figure out what might be causing this. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Answers 7 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
Hongming Zheng (jianqing) First Officer

it always happens to me in cloudy conditions, meaning that this is going to happen in the real world, you can rely on the mach to tell your speed,

u can also use your GPS to tell your ground speed

WARNING: the GPS only tells ground speed, planes rely on airspeed, for cruise if u r using the 737, it says max operating speed is mach .82, so cruise below mach .82

if u r flying 4 fun, keep at low alt, remember u were climbing when ya suddenly lose speed?

well keep below the height where u suddenly see the speed zero!

i had this problem many times, but i countinue to my destination! 😀

Pro Member Captain
Karlw Captain

Is your autothrottle on? and is your Pitot heat on?

Pro Member First Officer
W3CPR First Officer

Hi KarlW.... Many thanks for your timely response to my question. You hit the nail right on the head, the pitot heat was not turned on and when I did turn it on the problem went away. Thank you very much for making my hobby a little bit more enjoyable with your answer. I guess I missed that in school when they went over the pitot heating.

Very best regards

Pro Member Captain
Karlw Captain

I learned the same way was flying at FL 380 in a 737 went to take a break came back and saw I had no Airspeed turned on the Pitot heat and it can back.

Best Regards 🍻

Pro Member Captain
Chris Morris (morris91) Captain

forgetting to flip the pitot heat switch on is always a rookie move.. 😛

I did the same, but nows its usally a #1 priority along with anti-ice & apu.

Pro Member Trainee
Stormbird Trainee

It happens even when ALL heaters r on at any altitude on any acft.... 😕
It started end of last year... B4 thaty NO prblm like this one...

Rgds

Pro Member Trainee
Carlin Trainee

pitot heat and de-ice switch are always the the first thing (after Battery and avionics switches) I deal with. 😀

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...