ATC VFR contact with destination airport

Pro Member Trainee
FlyPast Trainee

How come the destination airport in the ATC screen doesnt often appear under the list of 'nearest airport list' or even 'airports further away' until you're nearly there? This gives you no time no adjust your approach depending on the runway they give for landing.

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Chris Morris (morris91) Captain

Decend before looking on nearest listed airports, then when it finally appears, contact. i never seem to have a problem... although i mostly fly IFR

Pro Member First Officer
Hongming Zheng (jianqing) First Officer

when you are 30nm away, the airport will show.

Pro Member Trainee
FlyPast Trainee

30nm out is too close to agree runway landing. Is there any way to increase the catchment area within which FSX shows nearby airports?

Pro Member First Officer
lionlicker First Officer

I agree 30Nm is too close. Same with ADF. when you tune to a NDB it only activates within 30 Nm. Pathetic! ❓

A work around is to check the wind conditions (Alt/W/W) at a distance, then presume which runway to line up with early.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...