ATC stops giving directions -ILS ?

Pro Member Trainee
thorpeclassp Trainee

hello,

I was flying from LAX to San Francisco, relying on ATC to give me directions and altitude directions all the way as it usually does.

For some reason it stoppped giving me directions and I passed the airport. ATC always gives me directions to line me up with the runway from the start of the flight to finish... but I lost contact with them.

Why does this happen, and How Can I avoid it? Also.. on longer flights, is there a away I can just fly using the autopilots NAV, and contact ATC for directions later, when I am closer to my destination ? And how?

Thanks

Answers 2 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

If it happens again click open the knee board and go through the ATC messages,you may have missed one

I did it tonight Doh! I could have swore they said"expect vectors for runway 27" so I tuned the radios and flew past the airport 😳
On clicking the knee board they had said "expect runway 9"

for me I put it down to being Yawn half asleep

Pro Member Captain
Sam (SamIntel) Captain

FS ATC is really crapy Puke Up You should try flying online with VATSIM.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...