flight simulator restarts computer

Pro Member Trainee
captD Trainee

hey, whenever i take off in flight simulator my game will freeze and my computer will restart. this happens in both flight simulator x and flight simulator 2004. When the computer boots back up i get the error message "windows has recovered from a serious error". i have updated my video drivers to the latest version yet im still having this error.

btw my system is brand new. all other games have no problems whatsoever.

computer specs:
intel core 2 quad q8200
2gb ram
ati radeon 5750
700w psu
windows xp sp3

plz help Crying or Very sad

Answers 2 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

3 guesses.
1-Your overheating and the computer needs to be cleaned.
Open the case and clean the dust out of the fans and expecialy the CPU fan and heatsink.

2-It can be that one of your memory module has gone bad.
Take one out and try the computer, do that until you've tested each one.

3-The power supply has gone bad.

:Good luck and let us know how you do.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
Llain First Officer

Hi I was having the same problem so I cleaned out the dust on the cpu, and there was a lot of dust. Use a can of compressed air and give your graphics card a good clean as well.
Now i can play FSX without it restarting my pc

Llain

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...