FS2004 malfunction

Pro Member First Officer
eyton402 First Officer

I am using Windows 7, NVIDIA 8600.
I recently re installed FS2004. When I finsh flying and reduce the programme to the bottom tray then try to open and fly another aircraft, I just get a picture of the last aircraft on the desktop. I have to close and re open FS2004 to get the full page with option.
Thanks for any advice.

Answers 6 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Try new drivers for your card and if you have 64bit W7 be sure to get those, not 32bit.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
eyton402 First Officer

Thanks , I'll try that.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

eyton402 wrote:

I am using Windows 7, NVIDIA 8600.
I recently re installed FS2004. When I finsh flying and reduce the programme to the bottom tray then try to open and fly another aircraft, I just get a picture of the last aircraft on the desktop. I have to close and re open FS2004 to get the full page with option.
Thanks for any advice.

You'll need either the Pro or Ultimate version of Windows 7 because you have to change the Compatibility mode in order to run FS9.
If you have Windows 7 Home... you might be in trouble.

Pro Member Captain
Welshflyer Captain

Tailhook is correct on this unfortunately, you have to run FS2004 in XP compatability mode which offers problems in itself whereas you're running a mini OS within an OS therefore negating any benefit of having W7.
You'd think i knew what i was talking about looking at the above, but i really don't! 😀

Pro Member First Officer
art lippel (effieveda) First Officer

WF ... you indeed know what you are talking about. I recently had to purchase a new computer which came with Windows 7 home edition installed. So now I have to run almost all of my old programs in the "compatability" mode. MICRO$OFT STRIKES AGAIN! 😕

Best regards ... Art 🍻

Pro Member Captain
Welshflyer Captain

Hey Art good to hear from you 😀 , i bought a PC with W7 on it a while back, would'nt run FS2004 so i took it back and had one built with XP on it, it now runs FS2004 and FSX nicely 😀 ! Fingers crossed 😉 .

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...