Setting the clock

whitenack Guest

Hey guys.

I have my settings set to accept the flight time as the same as the time on my pc, but it actually sets it 2 hours ahead.

I live in the EST time zone, I took a quick flight this morning at 7, but the flight time said 9. I had to manually change the time back to 7 so I could enjoy the rainy sunrise. No big deal, but it is one more thing I have to remember to do, and I imagine there is a better way.

What am I doing wrong?

Answers 7 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

See if this helps.
Are you running a program called "Windowblinds"?
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;316972

Radar

whitenack Guest

Are you running a program called "Windowblinds"?

No. Not unless it is a hidden program that runs without my knowledge.

Thanks for the link. I could understand a saved flight having the wrong time, but my problem is that it is wrong even when I create a new flight.

Maybe I am doing something wrong. Let's talk about this. When I go to set the time, I have two dials I can change. The one on the left says something about system time, and one on the right says something else (sorry, working off memory; I am at work) The one on the right also says something about GMT (which I assume is the time zone). I live in EST, would that make a difference? This puzzles me, because if it is GMT, shouldn't the time be behind me, instead of two hours ahead? I mean, two hours ahead is Greenland or somewhere like that.

Am I an idiot?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

No the time GMT is 5 hours ahead of you if your on the East Coast, your right.
If you fly on the east coast the time should be right.
But if you fly, say Chicago time (2 hours different) that's what will show up.
I'm on the West Coast and If I fly in Florida, it's 3 hours earlier and that's what the flight sim time shows.

Radar

whitenack Guest

The time is incorrect before I even get to the plane. When I go to the 'Create a Flight' screen, the 'time' window is already wrong.

I am just a novice so I haven't ventured outside my own time zone yet. Still doing the local airports. Therefore, I am stumped.

Hey Radar, does it say GMT on your screen? Is that standard? Should it say EST?

Anyone else flying locally in the EST?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Just looked.
My local time was in there correctly and the right window was GMT.
I start at KSEA which is the same time zone as I am.

I saw something about that somewhere, I'll have to try to find it later.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain
whitenack Guest

Thanks Radar, for all the help.

I ran a flight out of our local airport, set the correct time, and saved the flight. There is a box that you can check that says 'Save this as your default flight'.

That did it!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...