FSX freezes solid periodically

Is it a known bug in FSX that sometimes when accessing the menus in the top left and especially the map that the sim will lock up and you have to exit everything? Of course this always seems to happen at the worst possible time grr.....

Answers 2 Answers

Jump to latest
Alaskanbush Guest

I have a top of the line computer with 8 gigs of ram. I noticed that when I plan another flight after completing one...the computer will lock up on the loading scenry screen about 60% of the time. This is the only time it has locked up on me...but then only have about 10 logged hours on the sim.

Pro Member Trainee
naflod Trainee

I've never experienced this and I fly all the time. Missions, free flight, planned IFR flights. The only issue I had was it failed to load on start-up and that was due to a corrupt log file. https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/36774/will-not-open-so-how-do-i-get-to-run/

Have you done your pre-flight?
1- Video drivers up to date
2- Audio drivers up to date
3- Chipset and bus drivers up to date
4- OS updates installed
5- Virus protection up to date
6- Latest patch of FSX installed

This should be a regular routine with any computer, especially gaming computers. See your computer manufacturer for details on how to do this... AFTER you back up your data.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...