727-200

Pro Member Trainee
Parksie10 Trainee

I recently downloaded that huge 727-200 package from this site. Great with all the different liveries as it is nice to search for where they used to fly and fly some of the routes. However, while I did see the disclaimer that the aircraft was done quickly, I'm somewhat disappointed in the lack of VC. As I know this is freeware one should not complain.

My question is whether anyone has tried merging that with another freeware package. I do have one with a pretty accurate VC, but it is the liveries and paints that I'd like to merge with it.

Answers 10 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

Honestly, the best 727 is payware, from Dreamfleets. It is DEFINATELY worth the investment, the amount of realism is amazing, and you wont regret it, especially considering the large amount of liveries available!

http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=ga727

Check it out for yourself! 😉

Pro Member Trainee
Parksie10 Trainee

Had a look at it, pretty good, one concern though is that I see it is FS2004. Is it compatible with FSX Acceleration?

If it is I will make the investment.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

Ahh please excuse my blatant disregard for the game platform you were using! 🙄

Here you go, this is another brilliant 727 addon, but this one works in FSX!

http://www.captainsim.com/products/x727/

Pro Member Trainee
Parksie10 Trainee

No Problem with that, I should have probably said so in the first place. Yep looks well worth it.

I've a particular love for the 727 as it was the first aircraft I ever flew in from JHB to CPT. They were and still are beautiful machines.

Pro Member Trainee
Carlin Trainee

Parksie10 wrote:

Had a look at it, pretty good, one concern though is that I see it is FS2004. Is it compatible with FSX Acceleration?

Cheeks wrote:

Ahh please excuse my blatant disregard for the game platform you were using!

um, Cheeks this is the Flight Simulator X Add-ons/Downloads Forum, not FS2004.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

Yes I noticed.... That's why I apologised.. 😕

And join the club Parksie, the 727 is my favourite plane as well, I always remember the local DHL 727 smoking up the sky and being noisy as hell! 😀

Pro Member Trainee
Parksie10 Trainee

@Cheeks, just a word of thanks on the good call on the CaptainSim727. Wor, 100 and 200 and F and even a South African Airways one. Well worth the investment. 😀 😂

Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

Glad your pleased with it, any time! 😀

Pro Member Trainee
Parksie10 Trainee

One thing I have noticed though is the sounds are not all working as they should. Basics ok, but things like APU and Capt voices and flight attendants, switches and doors and windows opening are not working. Not too sure what I should do to remedy that> Anyone got any ideas?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

I don't have the aircraft to say how to fix it, but maybe try contacting their support team or posting on their forums for help?

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...