Compatibility Between CH Pro Rudder Pedals and Saitek Yoke & Throttle Set?

Pro Member Trainee
oldave Trainee

I'm fairly new to FSX and read a year or so ago on some Sim Forum that it's not recommended to use two different brands of flight controls ...???
My son mentioned to me he saw a set of CH Pro Rudder Pedals on sale here in Canada for about $125 with free shipping and was thinking of getting these for my upcoming birthday (63 years...!!!)
I told him to hold off until I checked with some of the experienced Flight Sim experts on this site...
I appreciate any comments or opinions...
Thanks in advance...!!!
oldave...

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I wouldn't go out and spend $125 on the pedals when for (maybe) a few dollars more on Amazon you could get the correct ones.
I have the Saitek yoke and pedals and am very pleased with them.

If you already had them I'd say work with them but don't go out and buy them.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
naflod Trainee

I use the Seitek X52 (not the pro) for stick and throttle while using a Logitech MoMo's throttle and brake pedals for the rudder. I just tuck the steering wheel behind the desk. Works like a champ, so if you have pieces like that then yes, you can mix/match.

Pro Member Trainee
oldave Trainee

Thanks guys...I think I`ll go with the Saitek Pedals for about the same price...
I forgot to mention in the orginal post that for some reason I thought CH Products were somewhat better than Saitek...???
I am completely happy with my Saitek Yoke & Throttles so I`ll stick with Saitek...
Thanks again guys for your input...
oldave...

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

I have the Saitek X52 Pro - throttle, stick (not yoke) and pedals.
Never had a problem with any part, very reliable. I have in the past read several complaints about the stick being flimsy and falling apart... but I guess it depends on how you treat your equipment and I should imagine that the stick would take a battering if you fly a lot of on-line combat 😀

However this won't concern you as you are using a yoke.

Regarding the pedals, wars have been fought in various forums re CH versus Saitek. I opted for the Saitek because the pedals have enough space between them to sit comfortably without putting a strain on your ankles.
I've read claims that the CH pedals are more realistic (being closer together) when compared to Cessna pedals... true or not, I wouldn't know.
In the end, I am 'flying' a simulator on my computer - not a real Cessna.

Oh, perhaps I should mention that I use the exact same set-up for both FSX and FS2004.

Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

Hello oldave,

Firstly, happy upcoming 63rd birthday! It's always heartwarming to see the passion for flight simming spanning across generations. Now, on to your question.

Contrary to what you may have read, there's no inherent issue with using flight controls from different brands, especially when we're talking about well-established brands like CH Products and Saitek. From a technical perspective, both the CH Pro Rudder Pedals and the Saitek Yoke & Throttle Set communicate with FSX using standard input protocols, making them generally compatible with each other. Here are a few things to keep in mind:

Drivers: Ensure that you have the latest drivers for both pieces of equipment. This will ensure optimal performance and minimize any potential conflicts.
Calibration: Once you've set them up, use FSX's calibration menu to ensure both devices are recognized and properly tuned.
Button Mapping: Although this might not pertain to the rudder pedals specifically, always check to make sure there aren't any overlapping button mappings between devices.
Now, it's worth noting that while the advice is specific to FSX, the same principles can apply to newer platforms like Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) and X-Plane 12 - though, you should always double-check the settings and compatibility.

In my experience, combining controls from different brands usually works seamlessly. However, if you ever encounter any issues, remember that this community is always here to help.

Final Thoughts:
If your son spotted a good deal on the CH Pro Rudder Pedals, I'd say go for it! It's an investment in enhancing your flight sim experience, and with some fine-tuning, they should work well with your Saitek gear.

Safe virtual skies, and once again, happy upcoming birthday!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...