Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Will CH Pro Rudder Pedals work with Saitek Yoke & Thrott

Pro Member Trainee
oldave Trainee

I`m fairly new to FSX and read a year or so ago on some Sim Forum that it`s not recommeded to use two different brands of flight controls ...???
My son mentioned to me he saw a set of CH Pro Rudder Pedals on sale here in Canada for about $125 with free shipping, and was thinking of getting these for my up coming birthday (63 years...!!!)
I told him to hold off until I checked with some of the experienced Flight Sim experts on this site...
I appreciate any comments or opinions...
Thanks in advance...!!!
oldave...

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I wouldn't go out and spend $125 on the pedals when for (maybe) a few dollars more on Amazon you could get the correct ones.
I have the Saitek yoke and pedals and am very pleased with them.

If you already had them I'd say work with them but don't go out and buy them.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
naflod Trainee

I use the Seitek X52 (not the pro) for stick and throttle while using a Logitech MoMo's throttle and brake pedals for the rudder. I just tuck the steering wheel behind the desk. Works like a champ, so if you have pieces like that then yes, you can mix/match.

Pro Member Trainee
oldave Trainee

Thanks guys...I think I`ll go with the Saitek Pedals for about the same price...
I forgot to mention in the orginal post that for some reason I thought CH Products were somewhat better than Saitek...???
I am completely happy with my Saitek Yoke & Throttles so I`ll stick with Saitek...
Thanks again guys for your input...
oldave...

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

I have the Saitek X52 Pro - throttle, stick (not yoke) and pedals.
Never had a problem with any part, very reliable. I have in the past read several complaints about the stick being flimsy and falling apart... but I guess it depends on how you treat your equipment and I should imagine that the stick would take a battering if you fly a lot of on-line combat Very Happy

However this won't concern you as you are using a yoke.

Regarding the pedals, wars have been fought in various forums re CH versus Saitek. I opted for the Saitek because the pedals have enough space between them to sit comfortably without putting a strain on your ankles.
I've read claims that the CH pedals are more realistic (being closer together) when compared to Cessna pedals... true or not, I wouldn't know.
In the end, I am 'flying' a simulator on my computer - not a real Cessna.

Oh, perhaps I should mention that I use the exact same set-up for both FSX and FS2004.