fs2004 vrs windows vista

milesg Guest

😞 im posting this same question/problem in different forums and up to date i dont have any answers..
i have a pc HP with windows vista 32bits basic home eddition.
i installed the fs04.
in practice mode or free flight, when you approximating ohare in any plane or condition, i can use and works, the full ils system.
but when you use the the program to fly say from dade to miami or tokio to hk or any other airport world wide..i dond have ils system, the maps in gps do not show vors acctivated or green patterns. the instruments do not activate and 4 out of 10 i crash.
this program was in a laptpo and in other pcs, with xp and it works great. but not with vista..
i presume that im missing a .dll or something but am blind as a bat. i have giving up with fs04 because its hard to land in cat3 conditions ( i like it difficult....its more atractive). try st maarten and dont splash the cars and people ...jejej
since im not registerd my email is milesfranklin@hotmail.com for any ideas wich i thank you in advance.

Answers 1 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

The chances are that you don't have enough ram to run Vista (a memory hog) and the Sim at the same time.
If you are doing this on a laptop the integrated card isn't getting enough power from a laptops smaller p/s and after a while the laptop overheats causing the crash.

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...