Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Arrival airport not listed in PMDG FMC

Pro Member First Officer
W3CPR First Officer

This problem has been driving me crazy. I am creating a flight from PAED to PAFA which is usually quite simple to do. I first create the flight plan in FSBuild and add a couple of waypoints and then build it to the PMDG directory. When I use the 747-400 from PMDG, the flight plan loads as usual but it does not show the arrival airport in the legs. I have checked and rechecked everything but it refuses to list the arrival airport PAFA. I checked the map and the ILS feather and frequency is shows for PAFA so this has me at a loss. I have created hundred's of flight plans in FSBuild and saved them in the PMDG folder and flew them without a problem but this one has me fooled. Any suggestions other than the gas pipe.

Pro Member First Officer
W3CPR First Officer

Hi All... I did an install of FS9 on another machine as a bare bones installation with only the PMDG 737-400 installed. I did not update anything except FS9 to FS9.1. I then created a flight plan from PAED Rwy 33 to PAFA Rwy 01L using FSBuild. I then exported this flight plan to the PMDG folder under FlightPlans. I then opened FS9 and had the 737-400 on Rwy 33 and programmed the 737's FMC and the PAFA airport was there with no problems and the flight was perfect. This leads me to believe there is a glaring problem somewhere in the AIRAC files, SID/STARS or something that has changed the characteristics of the PAFA airport. I get the typical error of "Rwy 01L not found" on the standard high end machine with updated AIRAC files. Not sure where this problem is but if I find it I will inform the group of my findings. My latest AIRAC update is 1208.