Arrival airport not listed in PMDG FMC

Pro Member First Officer
W3CPR First Officer

This problem has been driving me crazy. I am creating a flight from PAED to PAFA which is usually quite simple to do. I first create the flight plan in FSBuild and add a couple of waypoints and then build it to the PMDG directory. When I use the 747-400 from PMDG, the flight plan loads as usual but it does not show the arrival airport in the legs. I have checked and rechecked everything but it refuses to list the arrival airport PAFA. I checked the map and the ILS feather and frequency is shows for PAFA so this has me at a loss. I have created hundred's of flight plans in FSBuild and saved them in the PMDG folder and flew them without a problem but this one has me fooled. Any suggestions other than the gas pipe.

Answers 1 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
W3CPR First Officer

Hi All... I did an install of FS9 on another machine as a bare bones installation with only the PMDG 737-400 installed. I did not update anything except FS9 to FS9.1. I then created a flight plan from PAED Rwy 33 to PAFA Rwy 01L using FSBuild. I then exported this flight plan to the PMDG folder under FlightPlans. I then opened FS9 and had the 737-400 on Rwy 33 and programmed the 737's FMC and the PAFA airport was there with no problems and the flight was perfect. This leads me to believe there is a glaring problem somewhere in the AIRAC files, SID/STARS or something that has changed the characteristics of the PAFA airport. I get the typical error of "Rwy 01L not found" on the standard high end machine with updated AIRAC files. Not sure where this problem is but if I find it I will inform the group of my findings. My latest AIRAC update is 1208.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...