Hi Jumpseat / PH / George,
Like PH and a lot of folk on here, I have Captain Sim Legendary 727 and it is an EXCELLENT add-on. I'm mainly into modern airliners like Airbus and the Boeing NG planes.... but I make an exception for the Captain Sim 727..... it is one of those add-ons where everything just comes together to make a really enjoyable plane to fly.
Here are the best bits about it, for me :-
- Exterior Model is gorgeous, and up there with the best in FS9.
- Sounds are fab... Sound is often under-rated in FS9 but the sounds of these engines are MEATY ! (like the real thing)... but also just like the real 727, the cockpit is very quiet, as it was super sound proofed in the 727.
- Panel is excellent.... this plane has an AutoPilot like no other in FS9 and it works pretty much EXACTLY like the real unit.
- WHAT A HAND FLYER ! You won't want to put the AP in !
- Extra bits: You get Cabin Attendant, Capt, F/O and F/E callouts.
Now the Dreamfleet 727 has just come out (I was considering downloading it yesterday but realised I am skint so couldn't !).... so no idea how it measures up but my advice would be if you don't want to take a gamble - go for Captain Sim.
Incidentally, Captain Sim are close to finishing their next release - Legendary 767.
i7 2600k, 8GB DDR3 RAM, HD 5770 1GB, Win 7 64bit