unexpected prob w/sim

crosscheck9 Guest

i just joined cpavirtual.org, and i downloaded the fleet and things like that etc, but i have one problem, but first let me fill you in on the background. i have the 737-700 continental, and that was what i was going to use, seeing as how i joined continental virtual. i was going to fly from klax to kiah (los angeles to houston) so i was get ready for the fligh, choosing my time and weather, etc. then i went to select my fuel and payload, i did that, but when i clicked ok, the thing just shut down without warning. this mainly happens when i finish from the fuel and payload section, but it has frozen before, for example, when i wanted to see my navlog in mid flight. please help me. btw, i dont think its from memory loss. when this happened, i deleted around 7 add-ons, so everything should be fine. please help me. i dont exactly know what specs one would need to solve such a problem, so if you would be so kind as to tell me if needed, i would be very grateful. thanks and happy flying.

Answers 11 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

First, as Good ol Radarman would say

"Give us your PC specs, and it should help us figure out what's wrong"

HAHA! I beat you to it RM

Score one for FEM 😛

crosscheck9 Guest

ok, here it goes....

amd athlon 64 processor
3400+
1.79 GHz, 512 MB of Ram
200GB

i dont know what else you guys could use. just tell me and i'll try and find out for you. thanks

Pro Member Chief Captain

lol, this makes 2 for FEM

*with a star trek vulcan voice...because Radarman is really a Vulcan...* It would seem that your RAM is inadequit to perform this task.

Lol, that's gotta be worth at least another 3 for FEM. thats 6 for me!

Anyway, I think that the RAM may be low, you've got enough HD space for the US army, and prolly part of China's army too, so don't worry about that.

I vote low RAM, let's see what Radarman has to say...

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

There's a enough ram but loading too many "items" at one time is bad. You never know which is the problem, how many of the gauges are not compatible?

A long shot. try this, if it doesn't work we'll all go for something else.
You are running XP right?

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/3771/kneeboard-problems/

P.S. I'm Borg.

Pro Member Chief Captain

you're Borg....oops...are you gonna shoot me twice in the head with the mind thing they use???

BTW, It's been liek 2 years since I've seen Star Trek Voyager. But i would still say that it has the best opening theme of them all. I remember it so well....it reminds me of my friend at my old school, who was such a huge fan of star trek. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

crosscheck9 Guest

hey,
thanks alot radarman and fem. i just did what you guys asked. i dont know if its gonna work yet, cause i dont know when i'll run the sim. ill let you know if i have anymore probs. once again, thanks alot and happy flying

crosscheck9 Guest

hi,
i just ran the sim, and it didnt work. any more suggestions. if it needs more ram, how do i get it. thanks for all of your help guys

crosscheck9 Guest

could the aircraft be defected, or is this definately a comp problem?

Pro Member Chief Captain

It seems odd that if the sim runs fine one day, and then quits, that it would be your PC. If it could run it before, it shouldn't be a hardware issue. Maybe try re-installing FS9, and after that, if it still acts up, talk to Radarman, he knows where to get RAM

crosscheck9 Guest

hey, thanks for your suggestion. just one question before i go into uninstalling if you dont mind. is getting ram free. i cant afford to get more. im not the one who pays anyways. im still too you so my brother is incharge of our financial status, lol (this is unfortunate in my opinion.) thanks alot. btw, this forum seems really packed. i just posted my message, and you replied within 10 mins. i guess this is like a second home for most myself included

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Don't uninstall yet.
Get rid of that aircraft and scandisk and defrag your computer.
Dump all of your cookies, cache and history and go to www.pcpitstop.com and run a full (free) diagnostic on your machine.
It doesn't take too long with cable but spend some time reading all of the results.

If you need memory. I don't know where you live, what stores are close by.

www.crucial.com has good prices, make sure you get the same speed that you have now.

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...