FSX Help: Activation Error

Daniel2706 Guest

I have installed FSX Gold Edition a while ago, recently I came back to the game and I wanted to open it up but on load screen I got this error:

We're sorry, an unexpected error occurred which is preventing product activation from being completed.

ERROR CODE: -4-80070005

More information....

I have activated the game and played it for endless hours, I have Acceleration installed therefore I have SP1 and 2. I also have many payware addons but now I was playing and the game said that the demo has ened and 30 minutes is up and it closed and thats it!

What can I do I have so many addons and many I dont have access to get them reinstalled what should I do HELP please this is very important!

Answers 9 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain
Daniel2706 Guest

Its as if I was running in demo but the game was installed and activated??!

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Call and let them reactivate it.
Have the key numbers at hand.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/licensing/existing-customer/activation-centers.aspx

Radar

Daniel2706 Guest

I haven't got the copy of the game with the product key and now I'm missing Multiplayer and I can only play for 30 minutes I have spent a significant amount of money on addons that I dont have access to anymore so what can I do?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Call and wait and see if they ask for the key.
If they do, explain it to them.
MS doesn't own it any longer so I can't see them caring about the new owners, I bet they will activate you.

Radar

Daniel2706 Guest

Ok so I didn't manage to get any useful help from the call but I do have another copy of the game and I found the product keys of some of my addons so now I want to unistall all the game and all of the addons. How will I do this so the computer is cleared of any FSX files so I dont get any errors about installation.

Thanks

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain
Daniel2706 Guest

Ok thanks so with this do I just select the FSX folder? Will it delete everything, as last time I uninstalled the game and then did it again via the Control Panel I had errors about re installation. So is this going to prevent it?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Daniel2706 wrote:

Ok thanks so with this do I just select the FSX folder? Will it delete everything, as last time I uninstalled the game and then did it again via the Control Panel I had errors about re installation. So is this going to prevent it?

Yes, this should not only delete the hidden folders but clean the registry too.

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...