Iris F4 Phantom guages are blank.

Pro Member Trainee
wilfrano Trainee

I have downloaded the Iris F4 Phantom. I have followed the instruction to copy and paste the main file into FSX aircraft, and also the guages and effects into their repective FSX files. Everything works except the main instrument IFR guages which are blank?? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks Wafu

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Open the download again and try putting the gauge folder into the main folder with all the other folders for that aircraft.
If that doesn't make it then open another download and put the contents of the gauge folder into the main gauge folder, leaving the downloaded gauge folder empty with it's contents in the main gauge folder.

Let us know how you do.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
wilfrano Trainee

Hi Radarman, once again thanks for your help. Unfortunately your suggestion dosn't seem to change anything. I cleared out all the Iris F4 files, downloaded again, and carried out your instructions, same result. Strangely some of the stuff in "views/instrument panel work when flying the A/C, helmet hud and staus panel etc, but the main panel ifr, and vfr gauges are , there,but blank??

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Did you notice this.

"Tested in FSX/ Acceleration"

Do you have it installed, if not the missing gauges may be part of another aircraft in FSX/ Acceleration.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
wilfrano Trainee

Hi Radarman, thanks for your reply, yes I do have FSX acceleration installed. I have found that if you utilize the"W key, giving you the unrestricted view from the cockpit, the essential missing gauges for flying are there across the bottom of the screen. I have also installed the RFN TACAN gauge, so between these, carrier landings become possible. So all is not lost, however I would like to solve the problem of the blank gauges when in "main panel" Thanks again Wafu.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Congrats on being 2/3 the way.
Good luck and guess work will solve the remaining problem.

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...