Where do you put scenery files?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Hi,
Just a quick question. Where do you put scenery files when you download them. I looked in the FS Scenery folder, and it sub-divides into areas in the world 😕 . Also, does anyone know any good scenery for the airport in Spain, LEMD. Thanks a lot for any help 😀

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Chris102 Chief Captain

In the FS9 folder, there should be "Addon Scenery". Put it in there.

To install it, in FS9 go to SETTINGS - SCENERY LIBRARY. Click "ADD AREA". Find the main folder of the scenery you downloaded in a A.S. folder, click ok, restart FS, and it should be there!

Pro Member Chief Captain

Thanks Chris 🙂

Pro Member First Officer
sylvan First Officer

The only LEMD scenery I can find is payware from the link below.

http://www.sim-wings.de/screens_madrid.htm

Pro Member Chief Captain

Thanks, I did a bit of impulse buying and bought it Surprised ............on my parents credit card 🙄 . Ooooops, never mind. Thanks for the link 😀 I'll post some screenshots of it soon Group Wave

Pro Member First Officer
George (OrlandoGeorge) First Officer

99jolegg,

I d/l my scenery files to C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\Scenery\World\scenery and then do as was mentioned re:FS9 settings install restart. When you select the option 'install new' you will be prompted to manually retrive/select the files themselves so it is sometimes good to put all of your addon scenery in a special folder for easy access. Good for organizing also.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...