Saitek X45 Throtle Problems with FS9

David Schwartz Guest

I have a Saitek X45 Joystick/Throttle.  I want to use it with FS9 (2004) installed on a Windows 10 computer.  I've always found the combination of the X45 with FS9 frustrating which is probably why I've never stuck with Flight simming, but for the first time in 12 years, I realized why.  The throttle does not work in the lower 20% and the upper 20% of the airplane's engine speed.  When I fully pull back on the throttle, I am still not at engine idle speed and have to use the mouse/pointer to make final adjustments on the instrument panel's throttle.  Same at full speed.  I have always wondered why I can't go faster!!!  Now I see that full throttle on the X45 is not full throttle on the airplane.  In order to get full throttle, like engine idle, I have to use the mouse/pointer on the instrument panel.  Yes, I have calibrated it through the FS9 program.  Maybe there is a better way.  Assuming I have explained my question well enough, can anyone tell me what's going on and how to fix it?  And, yes, I have Googled it and will continue to do so, but I figured I would ask here also.  Thanks, Dave

Answers 1 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Check out Saiteks site for the latest drivers and see if they help.
Clean out the old ones first.

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...