I have a Saitek X45 Joystick/Throttle. I want to use it with FS9 (2004) installed on a Windows 10 computer. I've always found the combination of the X45 with FS9 frustrating which is probably why I've never stuck with Flight simming, but for the first time in 12 years, I realized why. The throttle does not work in the lower 20% and the upper 20% of the airplane's engine speed. When I fully pull back on the throttle, I am still not at engine idle speed and have to use the mouse/pointer to make final adjustments on the instrument panel's throttle. Same at full speed. I have always wondered why I can't go faster!!! Now I see that full throttle on the X45 is not full throttle on the airplane. In order to get full throttle, like engine idle, I have to use the mouse/pointer on the instrument panel. Yes, I have calibrated it through the FS9 program. Maybe there is a better way. Assuming I have explained my question well enough, can anyone tell me what's going on and how to fix it? And, yes, I have Googled it and will continue to do so, but I figured I would ask here also. Thanks, Dave
1 Answers
Check out Saiteks site for the latest drivers and see if they help.
Clean out the old ones first.

Still stuck on this question?
Ask Fly Away, our AI flight sim & aviation assistant, for an instant answer to this exact question — or ask the community below.
Recently answered
GeneralHow do you fly an ILS approach in Infinite Flight?Fly an ILS approach in Infinite Flight: tune NAV1, intercept correctly, use APPR, fix capture…Read answer →DCS WorldHow do I set up a Logitech X56 HOTAS in DCS World?Set up a Logitech X56 HOTAS profile in DCS World with correct axes, button mapping, tuning…Read answer →MSFSHow do I fly an ILS approach in the Fenix A320 for MSFS?Fly a Fenix A320 ILS approach in MSFS: MCDU setup, ILS tuning, LOC/GS capture, FMA checks…Read answer →MSFSWhere can I download CRJ liveries for MSFS 2020?Download CRJ liveries for MSFS 2020, check aircraft compatibility, install them correctly and…Read answer →
Chief Captain