How do I change the CFG file?

Pro Member Trainee
Electraman Trainee

I'm running Win10 with Steam. I'm trying to add the Qantas texture to my Team FS Electra L188. I have no idea how or where to copy and paste to change the CFG. I'm not really that knowledgeably on this and I tend to prefer to get complete packages. The L188 is my primary Aircraft and I'd like to have it with the Qantas Textures. Can any one help.

Pete.

Answers 8 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Scroll down a little and the instructions you want are there.

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/33358/how-to-install-aircraft-in-fsx/

Radar

Pro Member Site Admin
Fly Away Simulation (Flyaway) Site Admin

You may find this article interesting:
https://flyawaysimulation.com/news/4795/

Pro Member Trainee
Electraman Trainee

Thanks. It sort of helps. Windows 10 won't let me open it to begin with. I have to search the chrome shop for a program that will let me. I'll go explore.

Pro Member Site Admin

Windows 10 won't let you open FSX? What error messages are you getting? Any at all?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain
Pro Member Trainee
Electraman Trainee

No I can open FSX no problem and it runs great etc. Windows 10 won't let me open the CFG folder or any CFG Folder. It says I require an Extension App to open the folder. The App store is not helpful as such. I tried their recommendations and so far no joy. It's not a big deal, as I fly from the inside, it was just I would have liked either the Ansett or Qantas livery on the Electra, as it is the Aircraft I fly the most, 99% of the time. It's not that big of a deal.
It took me longer to figure out how to get FSX to work on windows 10 without crashing in the first place. It works better than with XP or 7 etc, and I get awesome frame rates in Max detail.. It was more about icing on the cake, Icing I can't see because I'm in the Cockpit. I'll keep working at it till I find a solution. I just wondered if anyone else had encountered this and could help me shortcut it a bit.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

How to:

Radar

Pro Member Site Admin

This will be also interesting to read:
https://flyawaysimulation.com/news/3806/

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...