EMERGIN TECHNOLOGY (must read)

Pro Member First Officer
mako (makonnenl) First Officer

Hello,
I was reading a magazine EMERGING TECHNOLOGY and something caught my eyes that said "Synthetic Vision is no fake" and I am posting few lines.
" Synthetic Vision replaces an airplane's traditional horizon display with a detailed view of the terrain and any approaching obstacles. The system combines GPS a high-resolution display and detailed databases. The system also has an integrity monitor (inset) that ensures the below corresponds to the synthetic view."

If you like go to http://www.washingtontechnology.com/
Read

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Guest Ed Guest

Very cool. One of the scariest things in flight sim is coming into an airport at night where you're completely unfamiliar with the terrain, and hoping you don't "discover" a mountain close to the glide path. Must be even more exciting in real life. 😳

I've looked at Flight Analysis after a flight a few times and found that I was very close to "hard interface with the terrain" and didn't even know it. This synthetic vision system would solve that problem.

Ed

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

😳 Download the altitude callouts,that way you will know just how close you are

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

you must have good ones, I use the greg737's...and i get the "One Thousand" warning at like 13,000 feet sometimes. 😳 😎 😳

Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

makonnenl wrote:

Hello,
I was reading a magazine EMERGING TECHNOLOGY and something caught my eyes that said "Synthetic Vision is no fake" and I am posting few lines.
" Synthetic Vision replaces an airplane's traditional horizon display with a detailed view of the terrain and any approaching obstacles. The system combines GPS a high-resolution display and detailed databases. The system also has an integrity monitor (inset) that ensures the below corresponds to the synthetic view."

If you like go to http://www.washingtontechnology.com/
Read

That would be very exciting in real life.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...