AI carriers and Nimitz

Pro Member Trainee
wilfrano Trainee

I have loaded on a new computer with windows 10, FSX acc, and AI carriers 2 and Nimitz. Also the latest version of the RFN gauge. Most of it seems to be working, except I can't get the cats working, either on the AI carriers or the Nimitz. On the AI carriers, there is no shuttle, There is on the Nimitz, but the usual commands i.e. "shift U " for launch bar, and "shift I" to arm the cat do nothing. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks Will. 😕

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain
Pro Member Trainee
wilfrano Trainee

Thanks Radarman. I have tried all the suggestions in the link you sent me, to no avail. Not quite sure what the gentleman suggesting selection of key commands, is referring to, on installation of acceleration. I don't remember having any choice whilst installing acceleration. I have tried to contact Lamont Clark, using the email in the download, "it don't work" Probably out of date.
The catapults in my windows 7 computer, with the original AI ships, works just fine, as loaded. In the new computer with windows 10, it's just the cats that don't work.There seems to be something missing that enables the "shift U" ans "shift I " commands. It dosn't make any difference changing the position of the nose wheel, or "brakes on/off " Can't think of any other things to try! Thanks again for your help. Will.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Be sure you have the latest one out.
It was most likely made for W10.

https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/2618/fsx-aircraft-carrier-uss-nimitz/

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
wilfrano Trainee

Hi Radarman, I finally got it. If the cats are not working, you need to go into "options", "setting", "controls" and set "shift i" to assisted take off. Hope this might help someone else, if they get this problem. Thanks for your help. Will.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Thank you for posting the fix for others and I'm happy you found it.

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...