gauge RFN version 5.0

Pro Member Trainee
wilfrano Trainee

😕 HI, I recently had to re install FSX ACC onto my windows 10 computer. All goes well with all normal use of the sim. However I cannot now get the RFN Gauge to work in any aircraft, although I have modified the panel cfg IAW the RFN instructions. The title comes up in "views, instument panel" but when I click on Tacan RFN, I get a quick flash of a black box, which looks like it should be the gauge, and then nothing.
I have had the RFN TACAN Gauge working OK previous to having to re install the FSX ACC??
Any ideas would be welcome Thanks Wilfrano.

Answers 8 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain
Pro Member Trainee
wilfrano Trainee

Hi Radarman, thanks for your swift reply. I had alteady looked over our previous comms, but couldn't find anything new to solve my current problem. It is frustrating, as I know the RFN gauge is there, when it flashes, when selected, but wont establish, and become usable.
I have really run out of ideas. Incidently, it still works OK on my old windows 7 computer, but it is very slow.
Thanks again. Wilfrano.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I think you need the latest gauge.

v3.20 gauge and latest carrier.xml gauge

Download it and see if it helps.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
wilfrano Trainee

Thanks yet again, have you a link for that gauge?? Is it still RFN??

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I looked around for it but couldn't locate it.
I'm wondering if it's in another download of a free carrier that has come out lately.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
wilfrano Trainee

Hi Radarman, I have looked for theV3.20 gauge, no luck. Any idea where to find it?? Thanks Wilfrano

Pro Member Trainee
wilfrano Trainee

Hi Radarman, once again thank you for your help, I have been using RFN V5.0 so that is not the problem. I think a recent update on Windows 10 has screwed up the ability to modify the Cnfg files in any aircraft in FSX ACC .
I will keep trying to resolve the problem. Thanks Wilfrano.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...