SearchSearch 

gauge RFN version 5.0

Pro Member Trainee
wilfrano Trainee

😕 HI, I recently had to re install FSX ACC onto my windows 10 computer. All goes well with all normal use of the sim. However I cannot now get the RFN Gauge to work in any aircraft, although I have modified the panel cfg IAW the RFN instructions. The title comes up in "views, instument panel" but when I click on Tacan RFN, I get a quick flash of a black box, which looks like it should be the gauge, and then nothing.
I have had the RFN TACAN Gauge working OK previous to having to re install the FSX ACC??
Any ideas would be welcome Thanks Wilfrano.

8 Responses

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain
Pro Member Trainee
wilfrano Trainee

Hi Radarman, thanks for your swift reply. I had alteady looked over our previous comms, but couldn't find anything new to solve my current problem. It is frustrating, as I know the RFN gauge is there, when it flashes, when selected, but wont establish, and become usable.
I have really run out of ideas. Incidently, it still works OK on my old windows 7 computer, but it is very slow.
Thanks again. Wilfrano.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I think you need the latest gauge.

v3.20 gauge and latest carrier.xml gauge

Download it and see if it helps.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
wilfrano Trainee

Thanks yet again, have you a link for that gauge?? Is it still RFN??

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I looked around for it but couldn't locate it.
I'm wondering if it's in another download of a free carrier that has come out lately.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
wilfrano Trainee

Hi Radarman, I have looked for theV3.20 gauge, no luck. Any idea where to find it?? Thanks Wilfrano

Pro Member Trainee
wilfrano Trainee

Hi Radarman, once again thank you for your help, I have been using RFN V5.0 so that is not the problem. I think a recent update on Windows 10 has screwed up the ability to modify the Cnfg files in any aircraft in FSX ACC .
I will keep trying to resolve the problem. Thanks Wilfrano.