Aircraft Carriers

Pro Member Trainee
peco Trainee

I would love to land and take off from an aircraft carrier in fs 2004 is it possible to get them as add ons. Please help.

Answers 11 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
jelami First Officer

There are a few aircraft carriers you can land on in the game already, try the one just off shore of San Fransico harbor. Straight out from the golden gate bridge, it should show up on your left side. Get ready to brake!! 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Or if you have a few extra $ floating around you can buy this.

https://www.simshack.net/products/uss-enterprise-aircraft-carrier-fsx-prepar3d-682

Radar

jelami wrote:

There are a few aircraft carriers you can land on in the game already, try the one just off shore of San Fransico harbor. Straight out from the golden gate bridge, it should show up on your left side. Get ready to brake!! 😀

Yeah, I've played around on that one a few times. It's pretty tricky landing with no arrester cable; you're pretty limited in what you can land there-- it had better fly slow and have brakes-- I did it in the Cessna 172.

Are there any others in the default FS09?

Ed

Pro Member Chief Captain
Chris102 Chief Captain

Can you takeoff from the aircraft carrier?

Guest Ed Guest

Chris102 wrote:

Can you takeoff from the aircraft carrier?

I did in the C172 by aligning to the longest part of the flight deck, getting a pushback to the very edge of the deck, then doing a "short field" takeoff-- full flaps, hold the brakes while applying full throttle, then release the brakes and hold your breath. You won't get up much speed before dropping off the end of the ship, but you will gain a good bit of airspeed while falling towards the water, enough to pull it out of the dive and fly away.

Lots of fun!

Ed

Thanks very much for the input on my question on aircraft carriers have tried it in the cessna but just enjoy doing fly bys in the tornado.

regards peco!

Anonymous wrote:

Are there any others in the default FS09?

Ed

I also really would like to know, anybody found more default carriers?
Thanks!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

You may or may not believe me but I did it in a F-14b tomcat without any add-ons. It was the one here on flyawaysimulation. I had full flaps and as soon as I hit the deck I held "F2" and hit the spoilers. It was the spoilers that really stopped me. 😀

mypilot wrote:

You may or may not believe me but I did it in a F-14b tomcat without any add-ons. It was the one here on flyawaysimulation. I had full flaps and as soon as I hit the deck I held "F2" and hit the spoilers. It was the spoilers that really stopped me. 😀

I have 3wire, fs2004, and the f14bfs9.zip tomcat, very nice combination, very very cool to be arrested for the first time after so many tries Smile . I did however had to redefine the arresting zone. If you have 3wire you know what I mean, otherwise it won't work. I rather have it this way because I like to use the spoilers in mid air too, when intercepting AI traffic for example and at the same time be able to land on a carrier. But F2 doesn't do anything for me btw, I know it's reverse as well, but fighter jet engines should not have that option. The file mentioned before rightly does not include it either, happily. But you know any more default carriers perhaps? I got the ArrCab download (18 carriers), and also I found one add on that puts back the old carrier in Pearl Harbour, but I would like to find all of the default as well. I do not know how to find them in the 'go to airport' menu. And to be complete, I found the Waikatu carries too! Smile
Thanks again.

Pro Member First Officer
rob (Habu) First Officer

You can do it in the lear as well. Just use full flaps, low airspeed with nose pitched up and set spoilers to Auto (or full spoilers before landing, using power to hold airspeed at 140). rob PS...watch that drop off at the end of the runway, it's huge! )

Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

I did it with the Lear on flight sim 98 😂

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...