What Computer for FS 2020

Airframe Repair man Guest

What will be the best or next best tabletop computer for FS 2020?  Eventually, I may run 4 monitors and want to have smooth running scenery maxed out in ultra.

Answers 2 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I don't think you can buy a machine that will run it today.
They usually build the Sim to last a while so the top machine today will run it well but not run it full out.Here are the Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 System Requirements (Minimum)

• CPU: Intel Core i5-3570 or AMD FX-8370 or better
  • CPU SPEED: Info
  • RAM: 8 GB
  • VIDEO CARD: Radeon R9 380 or GeForce GTX 960 or better
  • PIXEL SHADER: 5.1
  • VERTEX SHADER: 5.1
  • DEDICATED VIDEO RAM: 2048 MB

Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 Recommended Requirements

• CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K or AMD Ryzen 7 1700 or better
  • CPU SPEED: Info
  • RAM: 12 GB
  • VIDEO CARD: Radeon RX 470 or GeForce GTX 1070 or better
  • PIXEL SHADER: 5.1
  • VERTEX SHADER: 5.1
  • DEDICATED VIDEO RAM: 4096 MB

You might want to read this.

https://flyawaysimulation.com/news/4953/

Radar

Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

Hello there,

Great question! Considering your requirements for running Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 (FS 2020) on maximum settings with multiple monitors, it's essential to invest in a high-performance desktop computer. Here's my suggestion for an optimal setup, keeping future-proofing in mind:

1. CPU: I recommend an Intel Core i9-11900K or an AMD Ryzen 9 5950X. Both processors have exceptional multi-core performance, essential for smooth flight simulation and handling multiple displays.
  2. GPU: A powerful graphics card is crucial for running FS 2020 on ultra settings. The NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 or AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT are excellent choices. These GPUs provide ample horsepower for the stunning visuals and performance FS 2020 demands.
  3. RAM: To ensure smooth performance, especially with multiple monitors, I recommend a minimum of 32 GB DDR4 memory. If your budget allows, consider 64 GB for increased headroom.
  4. Storage: FS 2020 can benefit from fast storage, such as an NVMe SSD with at least 1 TB capacity. This will ensure quick loading times and seamless texture streaming.
  5. Motherboard: Choose a compatible motherboard for your selected CPU (e.g., Z590 for Intel or X570 for AMD). Ensure it has enough PCIe slots and supports multiple GPUs if you decide to expand your setup in the future.
  6. PSU: A high-quality power supply unit is essential for stable performance. Look for an 80 PLUS Gold or Platinum-rated PSU with at least 1000W capacity to handle the power-hungry components.

These recommendations should provide a fantastic FS 2020 experience on ultra settings with multiple monitors. However, it's essential to consider that hardware requirements may change with future updates and add-ons. Be sure to check the official system requirements on the Microsoft Flight Simulator website and keep an eye on hardware developments to stay up-to-date.

I hope this helps you in finding the perfect desktop computer for your FS 2020 setup! Enjoy your flights and happy landings!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...