APU will not mute?

Pro Member Trainee
magicands Trainee

I've noticed that even when I kill all the sounds within FSX such as the Cockpit, Environment, ATC, etc, that the APU noise still emits from within the cockpit on the default Boeing 747 & CRJ's, it does not do this with the 737 however and I can mute all the sounds using the sliders.
Any idea why this sound is imposssible to MUTE?

Thanks

Answers 8 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Usually tapping the 'Q' key twice does the trick. 'Q' is used to mute FSX sounds .
It may take a few minutes.
Let us know how it works for you.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
magicands Trainee

Radarman - No, sadly that didn't help me at all.
I purchased and downloaded a Flight1 Boeing 747-400 which has its own sounds but even this has adopted the APU noise in the cockpit, at least it sounds like the APU.
The only way to mute it is to delete every WAV file from within FSX but that's obviously not a great help either!!
The only aircraft with a jet engine that I can mute are the FSX Boeing 737-800's. I have no trouble with the turbo props either, its just jets?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I think the only way to not have it running would be to remove the APU sound file from the sound folder.
There may be more than one.
Don't delete it, you may want it back again sometime.
Move it to it's own folder and rename it just for now.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
magicands Trainee

Valid point and one which I have just tried but the sound is still there?
So, its not the APU then and must either be an engine sound or a wind sound, finding the exact Wav file could be difficult?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Are you sure you're not mistaking that sound for the sound of the Hydraulics?

I wouldn't remove any other sound files, you could run into a problem.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
magicands Trainee

Way too loud for hydraulics, has to be an engine noise, almost like you get when you go to spot plane?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain
Pro Member Trainee
magicands Trainee

Thanks, interesting topic but sadly does not help my dilema!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...