How to download FS2020

Gavin Munro Guest

I have preordered FS2020 Deluxe Premium. Now Microsoft says I own the product but provides no guidance on how to download it. I try the "Install/Play" button but nothing happens. Tried logging in to the Microsoft Flight Simulator Forum but it says there was a problem logging in to Xbox Live. I do not have Xbox.
Any suggestions or should I just claim my money back? 

Answers 8 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain
Pro Member Trainee
Scottyms Trainee

Logged into Microsoft to download my Premium Deluxe Edition. Initial install download was over 1.0GB which came through okay on my speed of 40GB download speed. Install box opened and asked to nominate where. ( I have a 500GB dedicated SSD ready for it) to install so made a new folder as Flight Simulator. It has started but slowly coming down with some "Funeral music" playing in the background.
Note I am in Australia so dont know availabi;ity of say Europe or US. Okay in Aus as of 12.00 local
Max

Gavin Munro Guest

Radarman: The first link just goes to the "Buy Microsoft Flight Simulator" page which does not work. There are no phone numbers shown on the phone number page.

Gavin Munro Guest

Scottyms: But how did you do it? Did you click on the "Install/Play" button or is there some other way?

Pro Member Trainee
Scottyms Trainee

I pre ordered from Microsoft a couple of weeks ago. They sent a confirmation email to me with the details allowing download at 12.oo Australian time today. Clicked on that link which took me to the download section. First part of the download and licence was about a gigabyte. After the DL opened the App in windows and started the program. First few times it was stuck on a screen showing the TBM 900 with wheels almost up and wouldnt do anything. Closed it and reopened the app and a setting page appeared saying additional DL was required. Thats happening now and about 10% of the next 95GB is in the process of DL. Will be here a while me thinks and I have a download speed of nearly 40GB

Gavin Munro Guest

That must be it. I never received any confirmation email - I have only online confirmation.

Pro Member Trainee
Scottyms Trainee

Just did a spped check on my internet. Its dropped to 28 MGbits per second which equals 11.25 Gb per hour.
With 95 Gb to download thatrs just over 8 hours. Should be able to fly about 11.15pm tonight I reckpon.
Waiting waiting
Max

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Gavin Munro
There are no phone numbers shown on the phone number page.  quote

All you have to do is click on the area that you are in and the numbers will show.
The keep it compact instead of listing a few hundred numbers on one page.

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...