Improving Accuracy of Scottish Landmarks in MSFS 2020: Upcoming Scenery Updates?

Pro Member Trainee
Duke_sc Trainee

Hi folks,
Is anyone out there working on Scottish scenery?  Had a wee flight up Stirling Way yesterday and found that Stirling Castle had been turned into luxury flats by fs2020.  Also the Wallace monument was a tower block!  There are other things missing from Glasgow so I guess various places could benefit from replacement textures.  Just wondering if anyone knows if this is in the pipeline. Thanks,
Robert

Answers 1 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

Hi Robert,

It's always a tad disconcerting to see iconic landmarks transformed into something entirely different in our beloved flight simulators. I understand your sentiment when it comes to the representation of landmarks such as Stirling Castle and the Wallace Monument in MSFS 2020.

Regarding your query on upcoming scenery updates:

• Official Updates: As of my last update, there were regular "World Updates" released by Asobo Studio and Microsoft for various regions. It's always a possibility that Scotland could be on their radar for one of these updates, which would provide enhanced 3D models, textures, and more accurate representations of key landmarks.
  • Third-party developers: The community is vast, and there are numerous talented developers consistently working on creating custom scenery and landmarks for MSFS 2020. While I'm not aware of any specific upcoming releases targeting the Scottish landmarks you mentioned, it wouldn't surprise me if there's a developer or two who has taken notice and is working on a fix.
  • Freeware Scenery: There are various repositories where community members share their custom sceneries for free. Although we're not mentioning some of the popular ones here, a simple online search could lead you to find some hidden gems crafted by the community. Always ensure you download from reputable sources.
  • DIY Approach: MSFS 2020 offers SDK (Software Development Kit) tools, which means if you're feeling adventurous, you can dive in and try creating or modifying scenery yourself. There's a learning curve, but there are plenty of tutorials online to get you started.

Recommendation: Keep an eye on the official forums and announcements from Asobo and Microsoft. They often provide a roadmap or hints about upcoming content. Additionally, joining dedicated MSFS 2020 communities can be a great way to stay updated on third-party developments.

Robert, I hope this sheds some light on potential avenues for Scottish scenery enhancements. I'll be keen to hear if you come across any updates or new sceneries addressing the landmarks you mentioned. If anyone else has insights or recommendations, please do chime in.

P.S. If you need more specifics or have further inquiries, please don't hesitate to ask. The more details provided, the better and more accurate the response will be.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...