Can I reset my Flight Log ???

Pro Member Trainee
Peter Norman (scorpio48) Trainee

Hi
During the installation and setup of FS2020, I had several problems, including computer crashes, instability issues Etc.
These are now fixed but my flight log is dismal, with about 29 take-offs, and 9 landings.
Is it possible to reset the flight log ???
I have looked in all the FS files stored on my computer, but can't find any relating to the Flight Log.
Cheers

Answers 15 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Trainee

PS: I have looked in the usual places (Documents, Etc for the Logbook.bin but it is still evading me ???

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

This should help.
Read the entire thread before doing anything.

MS Store LOGBOOK location found! - Self-Service / Bugs & Issues - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

Radar

Pro Member Trainee

Hi
Thanks for that link.
Still no joy, that file has simply dissapeared.
I have searched every folder and file on my computer and most of the cloud.
It has to be there somewhere because the actual log is still working.
I'll probally come cross it when I'm looking for something else.
What happened to the simple file system like FSX 😀, I could manupilate that blindfolded 😉
 As a footnote, I have just ordered the Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant flight throttle, Airbus edition Etc; to add to my home made cockpit.
Not cheap but apart from my garden theres not much else to do at my age 😁
Thanks again
Cheers

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Try this.
Next to the start button (bottom left) on your desktop is a long white box, type logbook into it and see if that works.

The more excellent equipment you add the more you'll enjoy it.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee

Hi,
Came up with a lot of on-line log books. vehicle, marine, Etc.
After scrolling through the long list nothing on my computer shows log book. 🙄
Doing a full PC search as I type, all drives including external.
Could take some time, luckely I can run it in the background.
Cheers

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Too bad, but now you have another idea of what to do.
Let us know if you find it.
I don't know why they hide it.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee

Hi again,
A few hours of intensive searching, including hidden files and zipped files still didn't give any results.
I did come across a couple of Microsoft folders with the message 'You don't have permission to open this file'
Bloody cheek, who's computer is it ??? 😉
Reset the security on those folders and run under Administrator, but still no joy.
I don't think the Log.bin would be in those folders though, completely in the wrong place.
When I have a bit of time, I'll run MSDOS, and do a search on that.
Takes quite a long time though. the commands DIR C: and DIR D: Etc list every file on my computer so theres a lot of scrolling to do.
If its not on that,  its not on my computer 😡

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

To check your Logbook and statistics, simply click on ‘Profile’ within the Welcome Menu.From here, select “Pilot Profiles.” You’ll now see an option for “My Logbook.” You’ll want to select this to get a complete breakdown of your various pilot statistics including how many hours you’ve piloted different craft for, where you’ve traveled from and to, and so much more.

Try turning off developer mode.

This is all I can find.
There seems to be a problem locating it since the Sim had a patch.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee

Thanks agin RM 😀
I just wanted to delete all the rubbish from the log book when the FS was playing up;
Start afresh.
Just attached my new Thrustmaster control. Works well and looks good, but its a bit flimsy for the price.
nearly £200. 
Would have thought it would have been a bit more robust.
Still, I'll just have to keep the grand-children away from it 😁
Thanks again

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

They build most of the hardware add-ons cheaply and charge high.
They know that you have no choice.
Most of the good mice start double clicking after 6 months.
I've had 3 do that, 1 Logitech and 2 Microsoft.
If they built them to last, sales would go down.
I'll stop crabbing now 😎

Radar

Pro Member Trainee

Totally agree.
They don't make things like they use too 😊
I have an old Commodore 64, which I bought in the 70s (or 80s, can't remember). Still works.
Although, if it was possable to load FS 2020 into it it would take about 30 years just to load 😂

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I had a Vic in 82, I think the Commodore came out in 83-84.
Also a 9x9 dot matrix printer.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee

Those were the days 😉

Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

Hello,

I understand your concern regarding the undesired entries in your flight log due to the issues you faced during the setup of FS2020. It's great to hear that you've resolved those problems and now want to have a fresh start with your flight log. I'm here to help you with that.

The flight log in Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 is stored as a part of your cloud profile, which is linked to your Xbox Live/Microsoft account. To reset your flight log, you will need to delete the relevant data from the cloud profile. However, please be aware that this process will also reset other aspects of your profile like achievements, hours logged, and any other progress you've made in the simulator.

To proceed with resetting your flight log, follow these steps:

1. Ensure Microsoft Flight Simulator is closed.
  2. Navigate to the following folder on your computer: %AppData%..\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\SystemAppData\wgs
  3. Inside the wgs folder, you will find a folder with a long alphanumeric name (e.g., 000901F635F3E859_00000000000000000000000069F80140). Open this folder.
  4. Within this folder, there will be one or more folders with different alphanumeric names. These folders contain your cloud profile data. It might be difficult to identify the specific file related to your flight log. So, it's best to backup the entire wgs folder before proceeding.
  5. Once you have backed up the wgs folder, delete all the subfolders with alphanumeric names within the wgs folder.

After following the steps above, launch Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020. The simulator will synchronize with your Xbox Live/Microsoft account and create a new, empty flight log. Please note that as mentioned earlier, this process will also reset your other progress, so proceed with caution.

I hope this helps you get a fresh start with your flight log. If you have any other questions or concerns, feel free to ask. Happy flying!

Fabiano Chamone Guest

Hi guys, 

Just to let you know that FlightLog Analyzer is in Open Beta, available at https://www.flightloganalyzer.com

This is an evolution of the previous MSFS Logbook Exporter that was available on the web. It is a Windows software, companion to Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020, that gives you the ability to:

• View All your Flights, read directly from Flight Simulator's Internal Logbook, without having to open Flight Simulato
  • View Flight Routes on Google Earth® and on OpenStreetMap®
  • Create Altitude Profile Charts
  • Export the FS Logbook to .CSV, .XML, and .KML files** (which can be imported into Excel, Google Earth, Volanta, LittleNavMap, etc...)
  • Perform Grouping-Analysis on Flights by 'Flight Attributes'
  • Backup and Restore Microsoft's Flight Simulator Logbook
  • Edit Flight Simulator's Logbook to Permanently Remove Unwanted Flights

That might be the tool you were looking for!

I hope you give it a try soon, 

Best regards,

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...