FS2020 scenery bland, how to fix?

Pro Member Trainee
Georgewk Trainee

Hi, when I visit the Texas Gulf Potash Ponds they are not in color.  Sorry to be dense but can not figure out how to add to the scenery.  If you can help, thanks.  George

Answers 2 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Trainee
jlaurie Trainee

I would think, being as it is after market scenery add on that you need to access whoever made the scenery to answer the question of changing colours.

Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

Hello there, George!

I understand your concern about the Texas Gulf Potash Ponds not showing up in color in your Microsoft Flight Simulator (MSFS) 2020 experience. There are a few possible steps you might take to rectify this situation.

1. Checking for Updated Scenery Packs

Firstly, scenery packs (additional downloadable content that enhances the visual aspects of the game world) can often be updated by their creators to correct such issues. Make sure you're using the latest version of the particular scenery pack.

To check for updates, you would typically visit the creator's official website or the marketplace/platform where you obtained the scenery pack. From my knowledge, many developers post their updates on their own websites.

2. Adjusting In-Game Settings

Secondly, it might be worth exploring your in-game graphics settings. Sometimes, a lower setting might cause color disparities. I would recommend experimenting with increasing these settings to see if the color of the Texas Gulf Potash Ponds improves.

3. Verifying Game Files

Thirdly, it's a good idea to verify your game files. Occasionally, missing or corrupt files can cause scenery to display incorrectly. In the MSFS 2020, this can typically be done through the platform where you've purchased the game, such as Steam or the Microsoft Store. If you're unsure how to do this, the process is usually well-documented in the platform's help center.

4. Manual Color Correction

Fourthly, as the other user mentioned, it might be necessary to manually correct the color of the scenery. While this is usually more complex and requires a certain level of technical skill with software like Blender or SketchUp, it could be an option if you're comfortable with such tools. These are 3D modeling software packages which allow for detailed modification of existing models - in this case, the particular scenery in question.

I hope this information assists in resolving the color issue with the Texas Gulf Potash Ponds. Remember, flight simulation is a dynamic hobby, and even the most seasoned pilots among us encounter issues from time to time. As long as you keep experimenting and learning, you'll continually improve your virtual flying experience.

All the best.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...