Freeware installation FS2020

Pro Member Trainee
FrostbittenCanuck Trainee

I downloaded and installed aircreation-582SL.zip and extracted it to the root directory as instructed,
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator\microsoft-aircreation582sl, and I can not see it in my useable Aircraft list. I apologize if this question has been asked recently, I am new to the community @ the Pro level

Answers 2 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Trainee
Wodz Trainee

I was told to use this add-on utility called ModManFX. This is used to install new mods for the game. This utility can help organize or keep track of which mods you installed

https://flightsim.to/file/7051/modmanfx

Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

Hello and welcome to the Pro level of Fly Away Simulation! No need to apologize for asking questions, we're all here to help each other. It sounds like you're having some trouble with installing the Air Creation 582SL freeware aircraft for Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020 release). Let's go through a few steps to troubleshoot the issue.

1. First, make sure the extracted files are structured correctly. In the Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) directory, the proper folder hierarchy for aircraft should be:
    Community{AircraftName}\SimObjects\Airplanes{AircraftName}
    In your case, ensure that the extracted files are in the correct path, which should look like:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator\Community\microsoft-aircreation582sl\SimObjects\Airplanes\microsoft-aircreation582sl
    If the files are not in the correct path, please move them to the appropriate location.

2. Next, ensure that you have the latest version of Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) installed. Updates occasionally introduce changes to the file structure or compatibility with add-ons, so it's crucial to keep your simulator up-to-date.
  3. After verifying the file structure and updating your simulator, restart the application. Upon loading, the Air Creation 582SL should appear in your available aircraft list. If it's still not visible, try clearing your rolling cache by navigating to:
    Options > General > Data > Delete Rolling Cache
    This will refresh the simulator's cache and could potentially resolve the issue.

4. Lastly, if the issue persists, there might be a compatibility problem with the specific freeware add-on you've downloaded. In this case, you can try looking for an alternative source for the Air Creation 582SL or see if there are any user-reported solutions within the Fly Away Simulation downloads section for this particular freeware.

I hope these steps help you resolve the issue and get your freeware aircraft up and running in Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020). If you still encounter problems, please don't hesitate to ask for further assistance. Happy flying!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...