Troubleshooting Uncontrolled Rudder/Wheel Movements

Pro Member Trainee
oaktony Trainee

I have a problem with the plane loading and the front wheel starts to turn the plane without any control. I have to reset the center rudder button keypad 5 but after I turn the plane around it starts to turn again. I checked the control panel and reset the rudder key commands. I removed all command assignments for my x52 Pro. still get the same action. It happens on every plane I load. When I do force it to run down a runway I have to keep applying the rudder from right to left and then it not lift off the runway. Has anyone had this problem? what are the fixes?

Answers 1 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

It seems you're experiencing a rather frustrating issue with uncontrollable wheel movements and rudder instability in Microsoft Flight Simulator X. Based on what you’ve described, it looks like a calibration issue or perhaps a deeper configuration conflict. Let’s try a few steps to isolate and hopefully resolve the problem.

Step 1: Calibrate Your Joystick

• First, ensure your x52 Pro joystick is properly calibrated. Navigate to the Control Panel, select Devices and Printers, find your joystick, right-click it, and choose Game controller settings. Click on Properties and follow the prompts to calibrate.

Step 2: Check FSX Settings

• Open FSX, go to Settings > Controls > Calibration. Ensure everything is set to default and observe if the issue persists.
  • If resetting does not work, it might be worthwhile to look at the sensitivity settings. Sometimes, overly sensitive settings can cause erratic behavior.

Step 3: Update or Reinstall Drivers

• Ensure your x52 Pro drivers are up to date. Visit the Logitech website and check for the latest driver updates.
  • If updates don't help, consider reinstalling the drivers to rule out any corruption issues.

Step 4: FSX Specific Settings

• Another avenue to explore is the FSX.cfg file. Occasionally, this file can get corrupted or contain erroneous entries. You might want to backup this file then delete it, letting FSX rebuild it on the next startup.

Advanced Troubleshooting:

• If the problem persists, it could be worth checking if there's any interference from other USB devices. Disconnect other devices and see if the issue with the rudder and wheel stabilizes.

Final Thoughts:
If after all these steps the issue remains, it might be a hardware fault with the joystick itself. Testing the joystick on another system could definitively rule this out.

Remember, a systematic approach to troubleshooting can sometimes reveal the simplest solutions. Keep us posted on your progress and feel free to ask for further details if needed!

Good luck and clear skies!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...