Rudder help

Pro Member Trainee
Scott Archbold (Scotteiboi) Trainee

Whenever I need to center myself on the runway the wheel also turns when I twist my joystick. Is there any way to lock the wheel so only the rudder rotates? This goes for all my planes. Thanks!

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

Sorry, no, you can't. Aircraft are set up so that when they are on the ground, the rudder pedals control the nose wheel. Otherwise, you wouldn't be able to turn at all.

I would like to know why you'd want to have it like that? Wouldn't it seem useless? I mean, the plane wouldn't turn...it'd just kind of flop from one side to another I'd imagine.

Pro Member Trainee
Scott Archbold (Scotteiboi) Trainee

Real aicraft have it like that......thats why i want it that way. Have you never noticed it? When they t/o the front wheel doesn't turn when they use the rudder. And if i recall, there is another sort of handle thing that controls the wheel separate from the rudder.

Pro Member First Officer
leadfoot First Officer

In large aircraft there is a 'tiller' wheel that steers the nose wheel for takeoff and high speed taxi. In the little stuff like I fly, the nose wheel and the rudder are tied together. On the ground you steer with your feet. Real freaky if you've never done it before.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...