Fr-Tec Raptor Mach 1 Joystick and Throttle: Troubleshooting Recognition Issues

Pro Member Trainee
Redmike Trainee

Hi. New X-Plane user who is having trouble getting the Fr-Tec joystick and throttle to configure and be recognized by X-Plane 12. Any thoughts on how to get my controls to work would be greatly appreciated.

Answers 1 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

I understand the frustration that comes with hardware not being recognized, particularly when you're eager to dive into the world of flight simulation. The Fr-Tec Raptor Mach 1 is a wonderful piece of equipment, and I'm here to help you get it working with X-Plane 12.

Step 1: Check Hardware Connections
Ensure that the joystick and throttle are properly connected to your computer. Verify the USB connections and try different ports if needed.

Step 2: Update Drivers

1. Make sure your operating system is up to date.
  2. Update the drivers specifically for the Fr-Tec joystick and throttle from the manufacturer's website.
  3. Reboot your computer after the updates.

Step 3: Configure Within X-Plane
These are specific steps to help you set up within X-Plane 12.

1. Open X-Plane 12 and navigate to the Settings > Joystick & Equipment menu.
  2. You should see your device listed. If not, click on Refresh.
  3. Click on your device and manually assign each axis and button as required.
  4. Save your configuration.

Step 4: Additional Troubleshooting
If the above steps don't resolve the issue:

• Try the joystick on another computer to rule out hardware failure.
  • Reinstall X-Plane 12.
  • Consult the X-Plane Knowledge Base or the manual for the Fr-Tec joystick for specific guidance.

Note: The steps outlined here can also be applied to other popular flight simulator platforms like Microsoft Flight Simulator, but please follow their specific menus and options for configuration.

I hope these instructions help you get your Fr-Tec Raptor Mach 1 up and flying smoothly. Please don't hesitate to respond with any further questions or to update us on your progress.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...