Stop program from applying full throttle 200' from runway when landing

Pro Member Trainee
lekroege Trainee

The program applies full throttle 200' from the runway when landing, using Logitech Extreme 3D Pro HOTAS.
The problem started when I had about 480 hours of flying time. I have mostly easy setting in options. AI-assisted landing is turned off. All I can do is shut off the engine, do a dead stick landing, then start the engine and taxi to parking. The problem does not appear when using Logitech Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, and Rudder Pedals.

Answers 1 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

Your scenario certainly seems perplexing. It's initially easy to pin the problem on the Logitech Extreme 3D Pro HOTAS, but given your details, I believe there's more to it. You've certainly opened up an intriguing can of worms here!

The HOTAS (Hands On Throttle-And-Stick) system is essentially a physical interface allowing pilots to control their aircraft's engines and flight controls simultaneously without having to take their hands off the throttle or stick. In a real-world setting, the HOTAS doesn't intrinsically "know" when you're 200' from the runway.

The problem you've described leans more towards a misconfiguration with the autopilot or your simulator's settings, rather than the hardware itself. The reason behind this is that the throttle control in a simulator like Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020 release) is typically controlled by the sim's internal logic, not the joystick.

A few things to consider:

• Firstly, check whether there are any specific bindings or settings in the MSFS2020 for the Logitech Extreme 3D Pro that might be triggering this anomaly. This could be a specific command or a combination of them.
  • Secondly, I suggest examining the autopilot settings. Even if the AI-assisted landing is turned off, there might be some other autopilot functionalities that are triggering this behavior. For instance, the auto-throttle (A/THR) function, which controls the power output of the engine based on your input and flight phase, may be acting up.
  • Thirdly, you might also want to take a look at the aircraft configuration. Are you noticing this issue with all aircraft or only with specific ones? Some aircraft have specific performance characteristics or system intricacies that could cause unusual behaviors like the one you're experiencing.

Also, don't forget to check for software updates, both for the simulator and the joystick drivers. This could also solve any compatibility issues that might be causing this unusual behavior.

I hope this gives you a starting point for troubleshooting. Let us know how you get on!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...