Setting Real Time as Default

Phill Dant Guest

Is there a way to set real-time as the default? Every time I load the sim or change aircraft I have to go into the weather drop-down and select real time.

Answers 1 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

Hello there!

Absolutely, it's quite understandable that you'd prefer real-world meteorological conditions to be your go-to when jumping into the virtual cockpit. However, as of my current knowledge, Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020, or MSFS 2020, doesn't have a straightforward setting to make real-time weather your default.

Yet, there is a workaround that you may find helpful. To save you from the extra clicks each time you change your aircraft or load the simulator, you could consider creating a custom departure preset. Here's a brief guide on how to do it:

Step 1: First, select your desired aircraft and then set the weather to real-time conditions.

Step 2: Next, select a custom departure location of your choice.

Step 3: After this, you need to save this departure as a favorite. You can do this by clicking on the star symbol.

With this process, every time you launch MSFS 2020 and select this custom departure, it will have your aircraft of choice along with real-time weather settings. You can save multiple departure points with this setting if you like variety in your takeoff locations.

Also, remember, you may still need to confirm your weather settings in case of an update in the software, as updates sometimes tend to revert personal preferences.

In terms of further developments on the MSFS 2020 platform, I am sure the community has echoed this sentiment in several forums, and we might expect the developers to include a direct setting for real-time weather as default in future updates. After all, the realism of live meteorological conditions is a major draw for many simmers.

As it stands, your best bet is the workaround above, or simply adjusting the weather manually each time you load up the sim or change aircraft. It might be a tad inconvenient, but it also gives you the flexibility to change things up as and when you like!

Hope this helps, and happy flying!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...